Why is my pool water Brown ?

tsayta
Lord of the Board

Re: Why is my pool water Brown ?

Post by tsayta »

Fark. For a minute there I was thinking about a movie with the floating chocolate ohenry bar
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

tsayta wrote:Fark. For a minute there I was thinking about a movie with the floating chocolate ohenry bar

"Spaulding!!"

caddy-shack-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

motokelowna1 wrote:Come on over to the west side no problems here with water ... Ps I use the neighbours pool she keeps it clean . I help lol

I beg to differ. The last two days our bath water has been very brown looking and the toilet bowl water too, and before anyone jokes, yes i am talking about before use and not after. [icon_lol2.gif]
We are on Lakeview heights water or whatever its called i beleive.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

WalterWhite wrote:
tsayta wrote:Fark. For a minute there I was thinking about a movie with the floating chocolate ohenry bar

"Spaulding!!"

caddy-shack-2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

OMG I'm laffing so hard I peed
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Blazer63

Post by Blazer63 »

Poindexter wrote:Better hope your right and it isn't brown algae or you've got your work cut out for you. It means getting the pH levels dead on, shocking and then super chlorination, then scrubbing the sides, vacuuming the dead algae off bottom and then repeat because it's very persistent. Basically means your pool will be out of commission for a while. I ended up draining mine, although I wouldn't recommend doing that, and back washing the filter a bunch of times because even dead brown algae has a way of clouding the water, seemed to be able to work it's way through the sand filter and getting back into the pool. Not fun - good luck and invite me over when it's clear again. :130:

You hit it on the head , it's brown algae, fresh outta the Rutland taps , this stuff is unholy . Kill vacuum up , add water due to evap, Kill vacuum up , this has been really bad the last 6 years now . Before , I just filled and all was good. Gummy sticky crap , see I thought it was calcium or iron , then I brought out my trusty microscope and bam there it was. Why is there so much in the drinking water ? Glad I have filtered water to drink .Gross stuff
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

must be BMID Im on Rutland water and its fine
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 16th, 2017, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 16th, 2017, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post

Return to “Central Okanagan”