Superstore West Kelowna Online Shopping

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Superstore West Kelowna Online Shopping

Post by TylerM4 »

Used it, couple of co-workers have also used it.

It's a great time saver. That's the only real benefit. It doesn't save money unless you're an impulse shopper or cave to your children's demands.

Here's the challenges I've seen:
- Fruit/Produce is a challenge. When in store you can judge the quality and decide not to buy. You also take more time to pick the best fruit/produce from the shelf.
- When they're out of something. You can choose if you want substitutions. But if they're totally out of something you're SOL just like if you walked into the store. The difference however is then when you're in-store you can make alternate plans. Often 1 missing ingredient ruins a whole meal at which point you wouldn't buy the other ingredients for that meal. Most people make new plans "on the fly" when that happens which you can't do if you're not in the store.

Overall a great service tho :130:
jodester

Post by jodester »

I have used this service many times in Kelowna.

At first, I found it to be a fantastic timesaver! My order would be brought out to my car very quickly and I would be on my way.

However, the last three times I picked up my orders, it has taken 25-30 minutes for the pickup. As a previous poster mentioned, sometimes the four parking spots are full and you must wait for one to open up. Then when you finally get in a spot, it is still another 15-20 minutes for your order to make it to your car.

In 30 minutes, I could have easily purchased my groceries in store (usually not a huge order). So for this reason alone, I'm going to stop using the service. It's too bad because I really enjoyed picking my groceries online, but until they find a way to speed up the pickups, I'm out.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Ya 4 spots is weird. Vernon is a quarter the size and there are more spots. Superstore will realize soon enough they are losing customers with long waits.
In terms of local produce. Costco superstore sell local produce when it is in season and you cant buy local the other 10 months of the year.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thought there was 8 spots - back to back
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”