Man shot by RCMP officer

mjc0483

Re: Man shot by RCMP officer

Post by mjc0483 »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 6th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

A knife is an edged weapon and normally, it is not the mere possession of the knife that determines whether it is a "weapon dangerous to the public peace". A baseball bat is not normally considered a weapon; however, if it is in the possession of a person who is using it to threaten or to assault another person, it becomes a weapon. The point is, it is the circumstances that dictate whether the item in possession of an individual is a weapon.... whether it presents a threat of grievous bodily harm or death.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Sorry, I don't have all my ducks in a row here: a poster on this thread, I can't recall which one as I read it earlier stated something like law enforcement isn't "taught" how to shoot a target in a non lethal way, or a way designed to stop them, but not cause serious injury.

Does anyone know if this is accurate and why? I know very little about firearms aside from hunting rifles.

I always have thought it odd that a police officer couldn't be better at this, but I don't know what I don't know?

Educate me please and thanks.

Go try shooting a handgun. It's not hard. What is incredibly hard is having a 9mm round land *exactly* where you want it to. I'm not much of a handgun guy (I prefer rifles), but I can tell you that picking "center-mass" on the target is far more likely to land a hit than, say, a given point on the shoulder or what you would consider a "non-lethal" hit. And that's on a still, paper target. At 20 feet.

Police use their handguns as a protective yet deadly force measure. The intent is to stop the attacker. Center-mass is where they will aim.

As for learning to shoot in a "non-lethal" way - there's no such thing.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly ..........with the left wing nutjobs crying about the rcmp using there tasers too much that's what happens, a bullet instead
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

what the hell do you think is going to happen when you come at a cop with a knife?he is lucky he only got shot once and is still alive
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

safe to say 99.0% of people would also pull the trigger if they had a junkie coming at them with a knife, this is not about a cop shooting someone ,this is about a person having to defend themselves
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2017, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

the truth wrote:exactly ..........with the left wing nutjobs crying about the rcmp using there tasers too much that's what happens, a bullet instead

At least no one is getting shot for not exiting their vehicle fast enough.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2017, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote: At least no one is getting shot for not exiting their vehicle fast enough.

Yet
Black Dogs Matter
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 7th, 2017, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

tsayta wrote:Why do the police have to be so anal in their description. "The incident caused the member to point is firearm instrumentation thingy and therefore caused his finger to depress the trigger whereby it caused a suspect to be struck by a projectile, which by the way eminated from the firearm thingy...". Why not just say "we shot him"

I believe its required legal terminology? But I dont actually know, it is a guess
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:Sorry, I don't have all my ducks in a row here: a poster on this thread, I can't recall which one as I read it earlier stated something like law enforcement isn't "taught" how to shoot a target in a non lethal way, or a way designed to stop them, but not cause serious injury.

Does anyone know if this is accurate and why? I know very little about firearms aside from hunting rifles.

I always have thought it odd that a police officer couldn't be better at this, but I don't know what I don't know?

Educate me please and thanks.

I said it, as well as a couple of others.

Yes it is accurate. Police are trained to stop the immediate threat. When they pull their firearm, it is because they fear GBH or Death and the best way to stop a threat is to aim for center mass. Shooting someone in the leg or the arm may not stop them. It's also incredibly hard to do with a moving target, highly stressed, in real time. Life isn't the movies. It's just not feasible. You aim for the biggest part of the body (the chest).

https://www.policeone.com/police-traine ... -to-wound/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-trained ... d=40402933
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

cutter7 wrote: hold a pen in your hand and a cop will shoot you..

If Joe Pesci were holding the pen ....Maybe i would Lol
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

jimmy4321 wrote:If Joe Pesci were holding the pen ....Maybe i would Lol

And the pen was stolen from Bond, James Bond.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”