Inn From The Cold Building

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Inn From The Cold Building

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Privately run drug treatment centre is going into that building.
http://globalnews.ca/video/3647760/ever ... -addiction

dle wrote:It Will cost the addict $12,500 for 30 days treatment to try and get clean (and in reality the ol' 28 day cure doesn't really cut it - months of treatment, rehab, societal skills relearned, job training etc, have to follow in order to have a good chance at not backsliding)......costs the taxpayer $5,000 PER DAY to keep ONE addict in hospital once they are irreversibly brain-damaged from a fentanyl revival with Naloxone (and apparently, this is very common - be interesting to know how many are in KGH or other facilities at this time). This is in addition to all the other monies the government is doling out to fight the fight - MILLIONS$$$$.

So...I view this as a positive, albeit very meager START to help someone who truly wants to have a life again. We need detox and treatment centers urgently - even if they are private. Now, the video doesn't say who will pay the $12,500 - I am thinking the addict probably doesn't have it laying around as it would promptly go into their arm or up their nose. So, if the government (us) is paying MILLIONS anyways on these efforts to fight the fentanyl crisis, it makes sense they would foot the bill to get an addict into treatment - which is really the only hope an addict has off getting off the drugs and staying alive. We are going to pay for the drug crisis one way or another whether we like it or not so I vote we pay for a couple months of proper rehab in the private facilities for anyone who wants to give it a try. Government doesn't seem to be doing much towards building many treatment centers themselves so this is an option. In my personal opinion, safe-injections sites just enable them to stay alive to continue doing it and offer some conversation towards getting off the drug if they want - most of them don't want at that point, they just want their fix and no chit-chat - but the timeline to get into treatment is months so nothing happens. Once they have their fix they will sit there and tell you they definitely want to get off the stuff and will really look into it then off they go. Zero accomplished towards getting them clean, but yes, they are alive.

Private treatment centre should not get 1 dime of taxpayers funds. Each client should pay.
It's bad enough other private organizations in this Province get funds from taxpayers
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

GordonH wrote:
GordonH wrote:Privately run drug treatment centre is going into that building.
http://globalnews.ca/video/3647760/ever ... -addiction

dle wrote:It Will cost the addict $12,500 for 30 days treatment to try and get clean (and in reality the ol' 28 day cure doesn't really cut it - months of treatment, rehab, societal skills relearned, job training etc, have to follow in order to have a good chance at not backsliding)......costs the taxpayer $5,000 PER DAY to keep ONE addict in hospital once they are irreversibly brain-damaged from a fentanyl revival with Naloxone (and apparently, this is very common - be interesting to know how many are in KGH or other facilities at this time). This is in addition to all the other monies the government is doling out to fight the fight - MILLIONS$$$$.

So...I view this as a positive, albeit very meager START to help someone who truly wants to have a life again. We need detox and treatment centers urgently - even if they are private. Now, the video doesn't say who will pay the $12,500 - I am thinking the addict probably doesn't have it laying around as it would promptly go into their arm or up their nose. So, if the government (us) is paying MILLIONS anyways on these efforts to fight the fentanyl crisis, it makes sense they would foot the bill to get an addict into treatment - which is really the only hope an addict has off getting off the drugs and staying alive. We are going to pay for the drug crisis one way or another whether we like it or not so I vote we pay for a couple months of proper rehab in the private facilities for anyone who wants to give it a try. Government doesn't seem to be doing much towards building many treatment centers themselves so this is an option. In my personal opinion, safe-injections sites just enable them to stay alive to continue doing it and offer some conversation towards getting off the drug if they want - most of them don't want at that point, they just want their fix and no chit-chat - but the timeline to get into treatment is months so nothing happens. Once they have their fix they will sit there and tell you they definitely want to get off the stuff and will really look into it then off they go. Zero accomplished towards getting them clean, but yes, they are alive.

Private treatment centre should not get 1 dime of taxpayers funds. Each client should pay.
It's bad enough other private organizations in this Province get funds from taxpayers

Problem is, we don't get a say. The government is using our money for the entire rest of the fight whether we like it or not and it doesn't seem to be doing a darn thing. So, if I have to pay, I'd rather see my $$ go to getting someone off it than the rest of what they are spending it on that is just enabling them further. If government would build the treatment centers there wouldn't be a need for private centers but for some reason they don't think that's a good place to spend our money (but they will keep spending it nonetheless so isn't this at least a step towards what you and I and others want?)
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

the truth wrote:hang in there, :up: if you do not agree to enable junkies by the so called educated know it all's here,your the bad guy :200:

Truthy, you continue to refer to several of the posters here as the "Educated Know-it-alls" over the years, particularly in response to any point of view that doesn't agree with your own or one that references a professional in this field.

That being said, I have to ask: Have you ever considered that if we are the "Educated Know-it-alls", then what does that make you, the opposition...

Just asking. :130:

:topic:

Return to “Central Okanagan”