Homeless feeling the heat

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Homeless feeling the heat

Post by the truth »

voice of reason wrote:maybe it wouldnt seem so hot if you hadnt injected fentynal into your veins and are laying on the hot sidewalk sweating bullets

my life, not your problem
Last edited by the truth on Aug 6th, 2017, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I won't bash (too hard) The Government seems bent on getting all the population under them to be
homeless and/or junkies.
Only then will they have achieved total control !

"""Deleted, long winded rant against the Government, not Homelessness as I could end up
there (wherever that is) in my lifetime."""

I am a non-air conditioner user.

I would rather be hot than sick from breathing bacteria contaminated air from a box.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

youre hardly paranoid at all lol
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

LTD wrote:youre hardly paranoid at all lol

Paranoia is just smart thinking if someone is out to get you. :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

strebor wrote:You've got to be kidding me. Why are there so many tender hearts feeling for the homeless? Let me read this article again "Homeless feeling the heat" Homeless feeling the heat? Is this for real? I have good friend who work full time barley making ends meat and do you think they have the luxury of air conditioning? No, they dont. I'm sure there are alot of hardworking people who work full time and dont get the luxury of coming home to Air Conditioning. They work hard, they dont complain and they have to come home to a stinking hot house with no A/C this summer. Think they have a place to hide from "the heat?" no. Why are you people so tender hearted for these low lifes who choose to not work and ride the "poor me" train all their life. These people are a burden on society and dont deserve "handouts". They majority of them choose drugs over contributing to society.
They're a burden on our tax dollar and our time. I read of some guy in Vancouver who had been brought back to life 3 times thanks to Naloxon. Think he'll change his ways? Why are we saving these people who'd rather "fight" the system than contribute to the community?

Homeless ≠ Workless

You obviously need to be introduced to some 40hr/week minimum wage homeless people
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

the truth wrote:
i am waiting for heroin to become free soon , then i will check out of the real world , i am looking forward to having no responsibilities to anyone including society , but will expect society to give me free drugs medical, dental, food and shelter,clothing , pay check at the end of the month thank you for your concern :up:

Worst post of the year, IMO, but we would not expect less of you. I DOUBT You ARE part OF THE SOLUTION either.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Check out the Delancy project in the Province today.
Now that group is making a difference. I
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

lightspeed wrote:Anyone who sees fit to criticise agencies whose role it is to protect the homeless, when such agencies offer extended shelter, cooling, waster, and other means to sustain human life in extreme, and consistently extreme, weather conditions, is a savage.

Criticizing policy on homelessness and drug addiction is one thing.

Stooping so low as to rant, rage, and vent against the basic needs of people at the lowest end of our social strata is absolutely barbaric.

Kelowna has very little sense of "community". You can see that by the sheer ignorance of some Castanet posts.

OP - it was a 37 degree day. I was stopped at a red light. A young fella was "begging" by the intersection. All I had was a spare bottle of water. So I handed it to him. "Thank you sir" he said in an articulate, sober manner. "It's all I have" I said. "No, thank you so much. I really appreciate that" he replied. As I drove forward, I glanced in my mirror and he downed that bottle in one. I'm pretty sure I could feel his appreciation.

I won't bother you with the story of the man who walked away with tears of appreciation in his eyes after I did something that, to me, was nothing special. Barely any effort required by me. But made him realize that we are all human.

Be human. It's a lot harder than being an ignorant *bleep*. But way more rewarding.

And I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.

Thank the Lord for you! Best post of the decade!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:
the truth wrote:
i am waiting for heroin to become free soon , then i will check out of the real world , i am looking forward to having no responsibilities to anyone including society , but will expect society to give me free drugs medical, dental, food and shelter,clothing , pay check at the end of the month thank you for your concern :up:

Worst post of the year, IMO, but we would not expect less of you. I DOUBT You ARE part OF THE SOLUTION either.

maybe ha's can hook me up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

the truth wrote:really why

Because homeless human beings are considered & treated as pests, to be exterminated and removed from ALL civil grounds.

Removing the rights of the homeless population is a work in progress, slowly but surely we will eradicate all of their rights.

We have managed to make it illegal for a homeless person to sit and/or lay down on a sidewalk, however if you have a home you are welcome to sit and/or lay down on the sidewalk, if a homeless person sits and/or lays down on the sidewalk they will be committing a crime.

Of course there is no loitering at Orchard Park Mall - so that the "oh - so - good" working folk can feel pride in themselves and avoid being sullied by the worthless, undeserving pests they call "The Homeless".
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

lightspeed wrote:OP - it was a 37 degree day. I was stopped at a red light. A young fella was "begging" by the intersection. All I had was a spare bottle of water. So I handed it to him. "Thank you sir" he said in an articulate, sober manner. "It's all I have" I said. "No, thank you so much. I really appreciate that" he replied. As I drove forward, I glanced in my mirror and he downed that bottle in one. I'm pretty sure I could feel his appreciation.

Was that at Hwy 33 and Hwy 97 where there's a sign specifically saying you cannot beg there and yet that's always where they are? The other day there was a guy there arguing with a cop, flailing his arms and screaming and yelling. I mean how dare the cop come along and enforce the law on someone who was breaking it.

That aside, I appreciate your story and I am all for giving food, water, shelter etc. to the homeless. But NOT money. I remember when I lived out in Van, a homeless man asking me once at a bus stop if I had some change for the bus. I tried to do him one better and offered him my transfer which was still good for an hour and could be used anywhere (at the time, not sure if things have changed, been years since I've lived out there) but he declined. There was another time a homeless man stopped me outside a 7-11 asking for change, I offered to buy him some food but he declined. In both these cases, they did not want the money for the bus or for food, they wanted it for drugs or booze. Why am I going to give my hard earned money to someone to go get their addicted fix?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

mjc0483 wrote:Was that at Hwy 33 and Hwy 97 where there's a sign specifically saying you cannot beg there and yet that's always where they are?

No. Sorry to disappoint you.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

lightspeed wrote:
mjc0483 wrote:Was that at Hwy 33 and Hwy 97 where there's a sign specifically saying you cannot beg there and yet that's always where they are?

No. Sorry to disappoint you.

Why am I disappointed? I actually praised the majority of your post. Don't be such an asinine clown! lol!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
the truth wrote:really why

Because homeless human beings are considered & treated as pests, to be exterminated and removed from ALL civil grounds.

Removing the rights of the homeless population is a work in progress, slowly but surely we will eradicate all of their rights.

We have managed to make it illegal for a homeless person to sit and/or lay down on a sidewalk, however if you have a home you are welcome to sit and/or lay down on the sidewalk, if a homeless person sits and/or lays down on the sidewalk they will be committing a crime.

Of course there is no loitering at Orchard Park Mall - so that the "oh - so - good" working folk can feel pride in themselves and avoid being sullied by the worthless, undeserving pests they call "The Homeless".

wow so it's the hard working mans fault now wow
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Anyone else notice the guy sitting at a table a few mins into the segment waving his hand asking them to bring him food and water lol,hey buddy get off your *bleep* and go get it yourself!!! Typical self entitled homeless twit with his hand out wanting want ting wanting

Return to “Central Okanagan”