Run down and what is the penalty

motokelowna1
Übergod

Run down and what is the penalty

Post by motokelowna1 »

A driver that police said was reportedly found unconscious after his vehicle hit a cyclist was given naloxone Tuesday night.

Police were called to the incident just after 10 p.m. in the 2600 block of Ethel Street. RCMP said a car hit a cyclist from behind and then hit another vehicle.

The 49-year-old man on the bicycle suffered only minor injuries.

READ MORE: Emergency crews attend to bizarre Kelowna crash

RCMP said they were told by witnesses that the man driving the car and a woman riding in the car were both found unconscious. Emergency responders gave them naloxone.

The drug is used to treat people who are suffering from adverse effects of taking opioids and to prevent overdose deaths.

Police said a 40-year-old man was given a 24-hour driving prohibition and is expected to face charges.

Who sees the problem here GUTLESS laws gutless cops. messed up system
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Run down and what is the penalty

Post by gman313 »

the cops only have existing laws to work with, the law is the problem not the cop
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

gman313 wrote:the cops only have existing laws to work with, the law is the problem not the cop

Exactly and the laws protect the criminals more then punish them. I don't want to derail the topic, but it's disgusting to see rapists and pedophiles getting sometimes only months behind bars while their victims have been given a life sentence they will never get over. No doubt judges and those in power are pedophiles themselves to allow such a crime to basically go unpunished.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Alcoholics/drunks have been doing the same for decades.
Raven1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Raven1 »

There's nothing stopping the cyclist or owner of the other vehicle that was hit from suing the driver.

His insurance will be nul and void because he was under the influence. If he's a legit prescription user his provider could suspend his driving privileges indefinitely if actions are pursued by the victims.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

mjc0483 wrote:
Exactly and the laws protect the criminals more then punish them. I don't want to derail the topic, but it's disgusting to see rapists and pedophiles getting sometimes only months behind bars while their victims have been given a life sentence they will never get over. No doubt judges and those in power are pedophiles themselves to allow such a crime to basically go unpunished.

RCMP said the man is being investigated for impaired driving.

“The male suspect failed to comply with the investigators’ requests and was issued a 24-hour driving prohibition and a promise to appear with pending charges of impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm and refusal to comply with a demand,” said Cpl. Dan Moskaluk.

Should be no problem convicting this individual at all.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Raven1 wrote:There's nothing stopping the cyclist or owner of the other vehicle that was hit from suing the driver.

His insurance will be nul and void because he was under the influence. If he's a legit prescription user his provider could suspend his driving privileges indefinitely if actions are pursued by the victims.

Sue a loser who in all likeliness has no assets and a plethora of debts.

Sounds like a great idea.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Raven1 wrote:There's nothing stopping the cyclist or owner of the other vehicle that was hit from suing the driver.

Not the way it works.

His insurance is not "nul and void" as result of the pending charges. As long as he had insurance it is valid (not expired), but he will be in breach of his insurance if it can be proven he was impaired, and or, also in breach for refusing to provide the sample.

"nul and void" is NOT the same as being in breach.

He can be sued, his insurance company, ICBC will handle the claim as normal and if appropriate, pay the victim and then ICBC will go after him after ICBC has paid the victim.

His driving status has absolutely nothing to do with him being "pursued by the victims". The charges will result in action against his driving privileges.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Perhaps, we as a society, could consider why, so many people are numbing themselves?
Seems a start to me- symptoms of a disease.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Hopefully the courts will slam the book down hard on this as :cuss: hole, unfortunately our court system does not know how to do that. They are great at giving light slaps on wrists.

Added later: I have absolutely no compassion for either drinking drivers &/or drug user/addicts.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Yes because judges and law makers are pedophiles, ....Ok then lol.

I dare say, in essence, that comment is the very reason as civilized society we placed the judicial system in the hands of learned and not witch drowners.

To be honest. The law is written the way it is to protect innocent people from my above top text, line of thinking.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
mjc0483

Post by mjc0483 »

Opeeved wrote:Yes because judges and law makers are pedophiles, ....Ok then lol.

When men are attacking and raping women or molesting children and they get a few months in prison for their actions then yes, absolutely. The judges and law makers support rapists and pedophiles and most likely are one of the two or both themselves, when such lenient sentences are handed down. Sometimes they don't even see jail time, they cry "mental issues" and out come the bleeding hearts to support them while the victims will suffer all their lifes, especially the children, with memories they will never get over.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

I agree, pedophiles get off with a slap on the wrist in most cases. Especially if it's a first time or they claim to be "mentally ill" ... The only good pedophile is a dead pedophile. End of. People who disagree means they support pedophiles!
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

A cyclist is struck by an impaired driver....

We're at judges are pedophiles and all pedophiles should be killed,,,, huh ?

How about a pedophile hate forum and leave us to our nice simple impaired driver hits cyclist forum.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Return to “Central Okanagan”