Tree Cut Down

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Tree Cut Down

Post by WalterWhite »

gman313 wrote:
slootman wrote:
Do you think these guys should be allowed to vandalize public property to increase the value of their home?

honestly - in this case I support them. However, the only reason I really wouldn't is everyone starts chopping trees and off it goes.....

My comment was really directed at holier than thous that want to make them pay dearly. there is a fine in place, life goes on, get over it.

The only ones truly acting "holier than thou" here, have a chainsaw in their hands.
Last edited by WalterWhite on Aug 11th, 2017, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelownah
Fledgling

Post by Kelownah »

Have a look at Google Earth, or Google Maps - Sat view. It's almost mind boggling how many trees get cut down daily. What's one more?
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Clowns like this are a another reason I don't miss living there, Kelowna is filling up with a mentality I want nothing to do with.
Sure do love Rutland!!
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

phasyluck wrote:Clowns like this are a another reason I don't miss living there, Kelowna is filling up with a mentality I want nothing to do with.

"Klown Town".
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Every year there are millions of trees logged in BC. There are millions more burnt. This is a non-event, move on.
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

dogspoiler wrote:Every year there are millions of trees logged in BC. There are millions more burnt. This is a non-event, move on.

How is Forest industry connect to this (did Tolko want that tree).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

dogspoiler wrote:Every year there are millions of trees logged in BC. There are millions more burnt. This is a non-event, move on.

I don't recall there being any active logging within the city of Kelowna. I get your point, but it's not the same thing. Whether it's an issue in the big scheme of things is irrelevant - they removed a tree from public property, and that should simply never be a non-issue.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Tbh, the vibe I'm picking in this thread is a little jealousy. After all, with so many important and egregious things folks could be outraged about, this one is about, a tree.

But to each their own I guess.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Opeeved wrote:Tbh, the vibe I'm picking in this thread is a little jealousy. After all, with so many important and egregious things folks could be outraged about, this one is about, a tree.

Then you've completely missed the point. It's not about "a tree" it's about how citizens can't go making important decisions about what lives and what dies on city property, and for what purposes.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

At least these novice fellers are not trying to hide the fact they are idiots.
Just the contrary, they filmed it and rejoice in it.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

Opeeved wrote:Tbh, the vibe I'm picking in this thread is a little jealousy. After all, with so many important and egregious things folks could be outraged about, this one is about, a tree.

Sounds like this tree was really important to a lot of people. I'd like to know which tree this is.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Queen K wrote:

Then you've completely missed the point. It's not about "a tree" it's about how citizens can't go making important decisions about what lives and what dies on city property, and for what purposes.
no, I'm not missing the point at all. I'm quite happy to let by law deal with it within the frame work of the law. Because it is just a tree and My societal outrage is focused on things that concern us all. It's just so small potatoes
My pitch fork is in the shed, where it belongs.

For example, why is there the apologise vs permission phrase anyway?. I've heard it so many times from regular every day people just wanting a little common sense from authorities but "never" forthcoming.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

With your way of thinking, anyone can do anything within city limits.

Wrong.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

johnny24 wrote:
Sounds like this tree was really important to a lot of people. I'd like to know which tree this is.

It's the one on the ground beside the stump.
Black Dogs Matter
Opeeved
Fledgling

Post by Opeeved »

Queen K wrote:With your way of thinking, anyone can do anything within city limits.

Wrong.
well, I am kind of anti establishment and reading all the tar and feather posts, there's probably a reason for that, but that's besides the point.

Not sure how you could make that assumption about me when I said I was happy to let the law deal with it.

Look, I'm just scratching my head at the outrage here, is all.
If people want to vent, I'm not stopping. If people want to go over board with their venting, fine, no problem from me. I just wanted to throw my 2 bits in as well. Not my tree, not my circus I guess.

I actually have bigger issues with permits to clear cut our country side to build homes in these areas. But that's just me.

Return to “Central Okanagan”