Fledgling

Re: Build The Wall!!!

Post by Wave101 »

And make it out of riffraff!!!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I don't think this is what some think it is. I don't believe it has anything to do with the much-hyped pie-in-the-sky boardwalk in front of lakefront properties. My understanding is they're considering options to minimize the build up of silt in the area specified. Once again, man will attempt to control Mother Nature - and we all know how that usually ends up. I think their main objective is to essentially try to extend the outflow of Mission Creek further out into the lake, diverting the majority of silt out and away from the natural current that presently takes it all into the area mentioned. The massive dock/marina construction recently at both Manteo and the Eldorado will have significant impact on accelerating the build up of silt imho. Maybe they should have looked at options before permitting the expansions - oh wait - this is the city of Kelowna we're talking about, where infrastructure never gets put in place before property development.
spooker

Post by spooker »

I'd like to dream that it means a "seawall" in the same way that Vancouver has it ... but Walter is probably closer to reality than my rose coloured glasses will let me be ...
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

A seawall here would not be the same as Vancouver. Vancouver's wall is awesome but here there would be properties to look at on the other side of you. On the plus side though, it would be more public and would attract less creeps trying to rape women.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Loki2u wrote:
BigBearBruno wrote:A seawall here would not be the same as Vancouver. Vancouver's wall is awesome but here there would be properties to look at on the other side of you. On the plus side though, it would be more public and would attract less creeps trying to rape women.

What is it with you and your fascination with rape? You've mentioned it in half of your posts already :135:

And how do you even get on that topic by the subject of this thread? :135:

Seawall in Vancouver has had countless assaults, that's how. Not hard.

Would you prefer I keep my posts more "castanet friendly" which would be whining and complaining about the city in every post? Cause that's what I see in 90% of all the posts here. People living in Kelowna with nothing but bad things to say about the city.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

A wall would definitely be a super highway for losers . Entire shoreline would be on edge wondering if that noise outside was a crackhead. Fences would go up and everyone would give up the beachfront . Never happen .
Silt comes from upstream i cant see a wall helping with that .

Drain the lake them youd have a beach to walk on .
Strong and free
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

spooker wrote:I'd like to dream that it means a "seawall" in the same way that Vancouver has it ... but Walter is probably closer to reality than my rose coloured glasses will let me be ...

man that would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”