Stolen memories and someone can help

damama55
Übergod

Stolen memories and someone can help

Post by damama55 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#204260
This is such a sad story out of Vernon. Someone broke into a vehicle and stole hard drives and such of a son that passed from cancer. This family has suffered enough and now they are begging for whomever did it to please PLEASE return them. I hope and pray they do. I am sure the thief will have a conscience and do the right thing now. The family needs the pictures of their son's final days back. If YOU know who did the theft, please get them to return what they took, even if they mail it to the nearest Post Office, or to the Police Station. PLEASE, do the right thing for this broken hearted family. Thank you, in advance.
May we all be a blessing in the days ahead.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Stolen memories and someone can help

Post by Bpeep »

Sorry for all their losses.
It's pretty rare for a thief to have a conscience tho.
If they had one they wouldn't be stealing in the first place.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

I have faith and, sometimes, there is honour amongst thieves. Sometimes, they do try to make amends.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

The person may do the right thing and I hope they do. They can still fix it

there was the guy who just stole a bike, had a change of heart, cleaned it and returned it.

It is never too late
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:Sorry for all their losses.

exactly,,,,,,,,,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Bman wrote:Sorry for all their losses.

Rare, but possible.

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/thieves-ste ... te-1735528

Two weeks ago, Mel Fisher from British Columbia took to Facebook after her boyfriend's child's bike was stolen from their house complex. Hoping to get some leads, she asked her Facebook friends to keep an eye out for the missing bike. And this is where Facebook came in.

"We think it went missing early this morning. Broke the lock we had on it. We recently got this bike and fixed it up so they could learn how to ride. It's old but runs perfectly for the kids. Please keep you eyes out for it," she wrote.

Days later, something remarkable happened. On her way out to grab some breakfast, Mel Fisher was surprised to see the stolen bike was back. In addition, the thieves topped up the fuel tank and even gave a new lock, living up to Canadian politeness. Along with it, a handwritten apology note glued on to the seat.

"Well we should start by saying sorry for stealing your son's bike. Although not an excuse, me and my friend figured it would belong to some teenager who had outgrown it. When we read your Facebook post, we immediately knew we had to take it back to him," it said.

They added, "We've bought him a new, more secure lock as the previous one was already broken. The keys are in with the bike. For the future take the keys inside with you. I know we aren't really in a place to give you advice but the heartbreak your son must have felt upon discovering his bike missing should never be relived... Ride on little man, you deserve it!"
They say you can't believe everything they say.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Another very sad story about a family's loss after daughter passes. How very heartless some people are is disgusting.
Thief breaks into grieving father's SUV in children's hospice parking lot ...
bc.ctvnews.ca/thief-loots-grieving-father-s-suv-outside-canuck-place-children-s-hospice-...
4 hours ago - While Peter Short was saying goodbye to his daughter Kira, a thief was ... Thief loots grieving father's SUV outside Canuck Place children's hospice ...
My heart absolutely hurts for these families.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Professional thieves like to B and E houses and clean them out when everyone is at a loved ones funeral.

I'd never advertise when I'm not home.
Not in today's world.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

The thing is, the family was NOT at the young girl's funeral, they were with her, hearts breaking while their daughter passed away. The thief stole from the vehicle that was parked right in front of the Hospice House, in broad daylight, from what I understand from the story. So very sad. The family wants the thief to return the drawings and mementos that their daughter made for them, while she was suffering from cancer.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Jeez. People make me sick.
What have we become?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

soft on crime laws ,do not help imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Sad pathetic criminals. Probably nasty, filthy drug addicts trying to steal anything for their pathetic fix. Not a care in the world but themselves. They will eventually see who they stole from but won't care in the least.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

BigBearBruno wrote:Sad pathetic criminals. Probably nasty, filthy drug addicts trying to steal anything for their pathetic fix. Not a care in the world but themselves. They will eventually see who they stole from but won't care in the least.

yup

its who they are .its what they do :-X
damama55
Übergod

Post by damama55 »

Just thinking about these families and wondering if anyone knows if they did get back their precious mementos of their loved ones?? Hoping for the best out of such a sad situation.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

damama55 wrote:Just thinking about these families and wondering if anyone knows if they did get back their precious mementos of their loved ones?? Hoping for the best out of such a sad situation.

The sad thing is the thief probably just threw that stuff aside cause all they cared about is the money for their pathetic little junkie fix.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!

Return to “Central Okanagan”