Kelowna City Water Taste

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Kelowna City Water Taste

Post by WalterWhite »

I'm not sure if the city changed some of its water treatment process recently - or if maybe my sense of taste has taken a turn for the worse. Noticing a fairly strong "chemical-like" taste in city water. Used to fill the kettle from the tap to make coffee, but the taste now actually ruins a pot of coffee. Anyone else notice anything - or is it just my taste buds getting faulty?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Kelowna City Water Taste

Post by Queen K »

As we age, our taste buds and perception of tasting changes. I'm looking into water filtration units soon. I don't think it's just you though.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

No its the water..just wait a couple more years...yummy...beer for me.. :130:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Sometimes the water is given an extra shot of chlorine.

We have a carbon filter on the cold water tap in the kitchen and a filter on the fridge drinking/ice water as well. It helps.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

All drinking water goes through a Brita filter here. Even more bizarre is taking a drink of Brita filtered water - and then taking a drink from the tap. Blech!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

WalterWhite wrote:I'm not sure if the city changed some of its water treatment process recently - or if maybe my sense of taste has taken a turn for the worse. Noticing a fairly strong "chemical-like" taste in city water. Used to fill the kettle from the tap to make coffee, but the taste now actually ruins a pot of coffee. Anyone else notice anything - or is it just my taste buds getting faulty?

Who is your water supplier? I'm in Glenmore and have not noticed a change at all.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

WalterWhite wrote:I'm not sure if the city changed some of its water treatment process recently - or if maybe my sense of taste has taken a turn for the worse. Noticing a fairly strong "chemical-like" taste in city water. Used to fill the kettle from the tap to make coffee, but the taste now actually ruins a pot of coffee. Anyone else notice anything - or is it just my taste buds getting faulty?

youre ruining a perfectly good pot of water by mixing it with coffee
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

I use Fiji water for my coffee, and Smart Water for my drinking.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Ken7 wrote:

Who is your water supplier? I'm in Glenmore and have not noticed a change at all.

Then you would be on GEID water right? I'm in lower Mission which is City of Kelowna.
KelownaCC
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCC »

I haven't noticed anything with City of Kelowna water, and I drink it every day, but I do let it sit in a jug in the fridge and most of the chlorine dissipates.

Return to “Central Okanagan”