Eclipse

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Eclipse

Post by GordonH »

Barney Google wrote:I will apologize in advance for this but I truly can't help myself...

On a day when millions of people have been warned over and over again about the adverse affects of looking at the

solar eclipse US President Donald Trump, ignoring WH aides calls to "don't look", was recorded removing his protective

eyewear and raising his head to the heavens, smiling while he stared at the sun.

No biggy, politicians are blind at the best of times. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

He actually just glanced at it. I did too. [icon_lol2.gif] You really can't look at it for long. It hurts!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 586225001/
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

BigBearBruno wrote:Missed the eclipse. Had a big poop instead!

Let me guess, just like the eclipse... you had to look!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

eclipse.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Barney Google wrote:Isn't it interesting that we hear of people who have suffered eye damage from looking at the sun

during an eclipse but we don't hear much about animals suffering from similar maladies?

It's because animals are smarter than people and don't stare at the sun. They don't understand the eclipse phenom.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Go figure, idiots having to see an eye doctor:
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/204707 ... gs-ignored

You are correct Tony, animals are smarter then some dumb :cuss: humans.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Just talking to a friend on the coast. He noticed two of his employees squinting up at the eclipse without any eye protection so he asked them what they were thinking. They had read on the internet that it's impossible to damage your eyes from looking at the sun because it's so painful when it's damaging your eye, that your forced to look away.

Two things; first, proof you shouldn't believe everything you read on the Internet and second, my friend needs smarter employees. :smt045
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

those who need to be told not to look at the sun anytime let alone during an eclipse should do us all a favor and find a tall building to leap off of
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I bet the owner of the New York Giants is also wishing he had smarter employees after seeing his $8,000,000 a year receiver being pranked into staring at the eclipse.

I know anti-itellectualism is popular right now but what I didn't know is how many of these people were also anti-eyesight.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Poindexter wrote:I bet the owner of the New York Giants is also wishing he had smarter employees after seeing his $8,000,000 a year receiver being pranked into staring at the eclipse.

I know anti-itellectualism is popular right now but what I didn't know is how many of these people were also anti-eyesight.

I bet there are a few American voters who wish they had a smarter President for doing the same thing.

'cept he wasn't pranked...he did it all on his own...even when his WH aides were cautioning him not to. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

My co-workers and I shared a 2 ft square piece of black acrylic 1/4" thick and we had sunglasses on too. We all looked through it at the same time, looked great. Checking the temperature, I noticed it was reported at 19c, then dropped to 17c. Was cool... although not as cool as being there I bet. Any reports of people gone blind?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Attachments
schellenberg_eclipse_17.jpg
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

ferri wrote:He actually just glanced at it. I did too. [icon_lol2.gif] You really can't look at it for long. It hurts!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 586225001/

For a man his age, he isn't real bright!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”