Eclipse

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Eclipse

Post by Bpeep »

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/204809 ... er-eclipse
Proof of human stupidity and the success of the dumbing down process.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

My wife (she is in health care) told me that there would be a bunch of people who would ignore the warnings and damage their eyesight during this event.
I didn't believe her....guess I have too much faith in humanity. :D
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

The eclipse at totality was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen with my own eyes. The two minutes of being able to look dead-on at the sun's corona while Jupiter gleamed so brightly nearby... the dogs howling in the distance and a full 360 degree sunset on the mesa plains of Oregon... was all so amazing. When that last little sliver of the sun blinked out, there was nothing but total awe. Totality Awe. And when the first sliver of sunlight appeared again, it was a golden soft fireball. Unbelievably amazing.

It's difficult to describe properly.

Definitely worth the trip.
PuppyLove

Post by PuppyLove »

Likewise in Salem, Oregon :up:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

I didn't have much luck where I was, cloud cover obscured what was to be a 70% eclipse ... very unfortunate

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Dizzy1 wrote:I didn't have much luck where I was, cloud cover obscured what was to be a 70% eclipse ... very unfortunate

You get another chance in 7 years
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GordonH wrote:

Last total eclipse I got to witness (before this one) was in Europe in August 1999 - that one was in the path of totality, which really makes them exciting :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Dizzy1 wrote:
GordonH wrote:

Last total eclipse I got to witness (before this one) was in Europe in August 1999 - that one was in the path of totality, which really makes them exciting :up:

Like I mentioned on the first page of this thread, February 26, 1979 I experienced "totality" in Winnipeg. At that time there was no news coverage like today.........24 hour news channels, internet and other mediums to advise of the upcoming eclipse. In 1979 you relied on limited news coverage and because of that many people were completely unaware what was happening when it did occur. People were literally confused and some even thinking the world was ending. "Dizzy".......you got to experience something truly extraordinary that most never will.........bragging rights if you will. I just looked up some archived newspaper clippings from Winnipeg the next day and what I thought was so cool was they mentioned then that "the next total solar eclipse in North America will occur on August 21, 2017"............38 1/2 years later. Who would even think about something that far into the future and now that day has come and gone.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Remember that Bonnie Henry says to only look at the eclipse thru a glory hole to keep your retinas from boiling.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

People are going crazy over this eclipse, acting like it's the first one ever. NDP mayor in Toronto, "Quick, get that eclipse tax set up."

And the Niagara region has declared a state of emergency. But our children are safe, they have their cell phones.
solar-eclipse-children-generations-boomers-gen-x-z-y.jpg
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

There's not much to see this time. The West coast won't even get a partial eclipse.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Poindexter wrote: Aug 21st, 2017, 6:59 am I waited too long to get protective lenses and everyone is sold out. :-X

Plan on watching eclipse through my old Iphone with a pair of sunglasses over the lense.

Hopefully it'll work but does anyone knows where lenses are still available?
[/quote

Welding supply. ARC welding replacement lenses.
princess Auto
KMS, places like that.

eta. just noticed my reply may be a few years late. Lol !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Sol316
Fledgling

Post by Sol316 »

Solar eclipse
https://evolutionnews.org/tag/solar-eclipse/

Do We Live on a Privileged Planet?
https://evolutionnews.org/2021/10/do-we ... ed-planet/

"In the present book, the chapter “How Do Solar Eclipses Point to Intelligent Design?” describes a small bit of the evidence for the PP thesis. The topic of total solar eclipses was the first instance of the PP thesis that I discovered, and it is the topic of the first chapter in The Privileged Planet."
====

The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos Is Designed for Discovery
(with a new forward)
Paperback – January 7, 2020

http://www.theprivilegedplanet.com

http://www.theprivilegedplanet.com/about.php

The Privileged Planet Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ohuG3Vj_48
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

We're only getting around 20% this year whereas in 2017 we got 70%
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

CrystalCity wrote: Apr 8th, 2024, 10:29 am We're only getting around 20% this year whereas in 2017 we got 70%
YA....pffft, Liber government keeping all the eclipse for the east coast and Ontario. (sarcasm people)

I remember doing the cardboard box viewer thing when I was a kid on the prairies. They are quite the events.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”