Eclipse

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Re: Eclipse

Post by just popping in »

Regarding all the critter comments -- did anyone notice just before the beginning of the eclipse, birds weren't flying/singing, squirrels and other critters weren't around, it was very quiet and still. The critters are the wise ones.
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

just popping in wrote:Regarding all the critter comments -- did anyone notice just before the beginning of the eclipse, birds weren't flying/singing, squirrels and other critters weren't around, it was very quiet and still. The critters are the wise ones.

Sure did. Those damn humans were scurrying around buying glasses and peaking at the sun and running away and hiding then looking at the sun then I heard oooohs and ahhhhhhs. Hilarious - especially when I saw a couple chipmunks taking photos of said humans. But the best part were those three pidgeons sitting on the wire dropping bombs to see if they could hit a human to two. Just go to your favorite coffee place and you will hear these humans chattering up a storm about the eclipse. The movie is over folks - get on with life.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

ferri wrote:I just saw a gal on the news. She had a colander and just held it, looking at the ground you could see the eclipse. Well, bunches of them. I tried it, it works!

Lol - even the Pastafarians are getting in on eclipse-mania.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Well the eclipse was cool, unfortunately as a result my cat ran away and I can't look for her because I ruined my eyes by not wearing proper protection.

Sigh.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

No buddy liked my total elipsis pun.
I'm gonna go stare into space.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Whatever you do, DO Not look at the eclipse through your kitchen colander ... you'll strain your eyes!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Bman wrote:No buddy liked my total elipsis pun.
I'm gonna go stare into space.

Oh no. Well don't look at the sun! :200:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Missed the eclipse. Had a big poop instead!
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

BigBearBruno wrote:Missed the eclipse. Had a big poop instead!

I trust you wore your goggles.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

just popping in wrote:Regarding all the critter comments -- did anyone notice just before the beginning of the eclipse, birds weren't flying/singing, squirrels and other critters weren't around, it was very quiet and still. The critters are the wise ones.

Yours was the last post that was sensible. Also noticed that even though the sun still shone, it was a fair bit cooler for a bit.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

BigBearBruno wrote:Missed the eclipse. Had a big poop instead!

Say what? Wow - by chance were you in downtown Penticton trying out those beautiful new bright blue porta-potties on Main Street. Aren't they cool? (See Penticton thread - Main Street Opening Soon) [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by ferri on Aug 21st, 2017, 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:The eclipse actually dropped the temperature!

Vernoneclipse.png

Ha, so I'm talking to a guy sitting on the grass with his solar panel. He was measuring the effects of electrical output via the panels before, during and after the eclipse. You'll see him in the photos. And I had said, "and it's noticeably cooler too."
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I think it dropped about 5 degrees here. It got down right chilly. But then I'm a sissy so...
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Imagine if enough material was shot up in the skies to affect the rays for some time. We had a few moments of sun blockage and could feel the coolness, imagine days of volcanic ash or heavier smoke than we had this Summer. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I will apologize in advance for this but I truly can't help myself...

On a day when millions of people have been warned over and over again about the adverse affects of looking at the

solar eclipse US President Donald Trump, ignoring WH aides calls to "don't look", was recorded removing his protective

eyewear and raising his head to the heavens, smiling while he stared at the sun.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”