Cyclist Sensationalism

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Re: Cyclist Sensationalism

Post by common_sense_guy »

Yep I agree with most people here. Castanet you're idiots and biker get off your lazy *bleep* and pick them up yourself. Stop expecting the city to do everything for you. What the hell is wrong with people nowadays
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

brosy wrote:Yep I agree with most people here. Castanet you're idiots and biker get off your lazy *bleep* and pick him up yourself. Stop expecting the city to do everything for you

And carry them in what? I don't carry garbage bags when I go for a walk. Maybe he didn't have anything to put the blades in.
Last edited by Fancy on Aug 28th, 2017, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Even if they were placed carefully off the bike path somewhere deemed safer than say, "in the bike path."

But we can't change history and we all know what we would have done. I'll bet it was an accidental dumping of blades by not having them secured in the back of a pick up truck.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 28th, 2017, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 28th, 2017, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:Even if they were placed carefully off the bike path somewhere deemed safer than say, "in the bike path."

But we can't change history and we all know what we would have done. I'll bet it was an accidental dumping of blades by not having them secured in the back of a pick up truck.

Thanks Queen K :) I agree it was an accident and even placing them in a noticeable pile would have been better so people have a chance to avoid them. Could always go back later to dispose of them properly.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Snowflake freaks out, calls the authorities!

That would have been a better headline for this non-story.

Some contractor had a box of Olfas split open in his truck box, and they slid out on that corner.

End of story.

Yes, they walk among us.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Fancy wrote:Brush them off the lane? Really? That's worse. Do people walk their dogs along there?

Do I really have to specify that "brush them off the lane" would mean putting them in the seam between the asphalt and the dirt? They could be readily seen by anyone coming to clean them up but not be a direct hazard to other cyclists ... and no, I don't expect there are a lot of dog walkers along here since cars love to come barreling down Sexsmith and the ground slopes off into a ditch quickly ...

No, let me brush them into the ditch after calling them out as a conspiracy to hurt cyclists and no one can find the evidence to backup the claim and I look like an idiot ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Someone who happens to have a magnetic nail sweeper, would easily be able pickup knife blades. Then safely dispose of them.

I still believe they just fell off a truck coming down the hill, no intent to hurt or damage anyone's tires.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
BGrigg07

Post by BGrigg07 »

spooker wrote:
BGrigg07 wrote:Did you actually read the article? “City of Kelowna you need to clean this, this is clearly a sabotage. This is a criminal act, someone is trying to injure cyclists here” tells me he didn't do anything but complain about it. No assuming required...

Anything derived by conjecture is "an assumption" ... you're connecting dots without knowing anything about the person ... while I'd conclude he's young based on his CV and work experience, his positions and public work show that he's not an idiot in any sense of the word ...

Oh, please... That's completely weak. Considering that the article also stated that the City said they would send someone, also tells me that he didn't bother to pick them up.

Given that he claimed sabotage and a criminal act, shows who is doing the assuming here!
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kind of sad that this type of story generates 2 pages of comments and yet a person is pummeled by two others, taken to hospital and no discussion. Says a lot about Kelowna and its priorities. Cyclists before thugs.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Here's the problem with the world today ... Pansy assed lefty , conspiracy theorists like this "guy" who first came upon the "carnage" had to run his mouth about how it was SO much more than a package of knife blades that fell out of the back of a drywall boarders truck is going to get ANY supportive comments.

Good grief people .....

I'd be willing to bet that the guy who lost them would GLADLY go back and get them to save the 60 bucks a 40 pack of those Olfa blades cost .....

This proves my point ...

Do I really have to specify that "brush them off the lane" would mean putting them in the seam between the asphalt and the dirt? They could be readily seen by anyone coming to clean them up but not be a direct hazard to other cyclists ... and no, I don't expect there are a lot of dog walkers along here since cars love to come barreling down Sexsmith and the ground slopes off into a ditch quickly ...

No, let me brush them into the ditch after calling them out as a conspiracy to hurt cyclists and no one can find the evidence to backup the claim and I look like an idiot ..

Where were you when Momma taught you how to handle a kitchen knife ?? Pick them UP and keep em...

I'd have thought I'd hit the jackpot if I found em...
Last edited by MAPearce on Aug 28th, 2017, 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

This was CLEARLY NOT sabotage.
What this is, CLEARLY IS another disgruntled spandex princess that missed the ball.
Missed the ball.
Sugarplum fairy balls are gross.
Our mayor is a bent-over, pushed over plastic wall flower not worthy of his seat.
Another fully embarrassing display by our so called leader.

Utterly pathetic that this pansy-arse wants the city to clean up what mess he left behind.
If he walked away from this life endangering hazard without picking up the blades and disposing of them, then he not only left them behind, but is at least as guilty if not more guilty than the person who used to own the blades.

As for what the bike riding pansy should have done about it. How about pick them up and carry them in one hand while walking your bike with the other hand directly to the nearest disposal bin, basket or box. Place deadly flat blades in the receptacle and ride away knowing you've saved a whale, a seal and elephant and all we know of humanity. We can only wish to have had such saviors before the dodo went MIA.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Mtn Biker wrote:Kind of sad that this type of story generates 2 pages of comments and yet a person is pummeled by two others, taken to hospital and no discussion. Says a lot about Kelowna and its priorities. Cyclists before thugs.

Was the guy beaten up the same guy that lost the Olfa blades?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

"Vinny, where's those OLFA blades I handed to you?"
"I don't know. I think I lost 'em, Boss."
"You WHAT? Let's go for a walk, Vinny. Out behind the Art Gallery here."

"Tony, you know what to do. Make Vinny remember to NEVER LOSE THE OLFA BLADES!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”