The fine should have been more

Poindexter
Guru

Re: The fine should have been more

Post by Poindexter »

Grandan wrote:The people concerned were in their tent, not around the fire so one of them could argue that they thought the other person had extinguished the fire or really only one person could be charged with an unattended fire.

Both should have been fined because "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem".
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Opeeved wrote: If sending messages worked? There wouldn't be many in prison.

Maybe we are not sending a strong enough message.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

The bottom line is there was a sign posted and they chose not to follow the law. Even if they didn't see the sign I'm sure they could read and are not deaf.

Take a look most places and will read that there is a fire ban all over.

Listen to most radio stations or people talking and it's about the fire ban or all the fires burning or provance down.

What they did was extremely stupid and irresponsible. Yes that fine should have been a lot larger. Clearly the fine is not enough to really stop people.

After reading that 37 fines had been handed out this week or last week alone makes me think jail time might be the option. If jail is to harsh maybe a $2500 fine with one year to pay and a bush ban for 5 years. They could even seize there vehicle that might get some attention.

Something needs to be done because what is being done is clearly not working.

Return to “Central Okanagan”