New road path on Rutland to Old Vernon road

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: New road path on Rutland to Old Vernon road

Post by WalterWhite »

Nolan has a very valid point regarding traffic backing up from the light effectively shutting down the traffic circle. If there's one thing Kelowna drivers have never seemed able to grasp, it's how to properly use a traffic circle. From the link provided by Kumazatheef:

2017-09-15.jpg

2017-09-15 (1).jpg
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

vinnied wrote:was just reading old vernon road joining the highway is going to be permanently closed. Was that part of the original plan? I thought they were putting in a traffic circle at Ackland and old vernon road.

I read that too, very unclear from the article what they meant, it was poorly written. I'm guessing they meant the portion of Rutland Road that extended north from Old Vernon Road onto the northbound Hwy 97 has been closed. Hwy 97 will still be accessible from Old Vernon Rd, but it will have a normal right turn lane.
Kathylk

Post by Kathylk »

.....read this am that Old Vernon Road is closed to Hwy 97 & Sexsmith Rd.....is this permanent?
If a person drives west on Old Vernon Road, what will be the route to get to Sexsmith Rd. ??
K
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Kathylk wrote:.....read this am that Old Vernon Road is closed to Hwy 97 & Sexsmith Rd.....is this permanent?
If a person drives west on Old Vernon Road, what will be the route to get to Sexsmith Rd. ??
K

No - see photo above.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Kathylk wrote:.....read this am that Old Vernon Road is closed to Hwy 97 & Sexsmith Rd.....is this permanent?
K

heres a link to the article.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... redo-on-97

It says detour will be taken via Rutland Road, Acland Road and Edwards Road.
As for the photos posted. They have sexsmith on the wrong side of highway 97. That should be labeled Old Vernon rd
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Catri wrote:
vinnied wrote:was just reading old vernon road joining the highway is going to be permanently closed. Was that part of the original plan? I thought they were putting in a traffic circle at Ackland and old vernon road.

I read that too, very unclear from the article what they meant, it was poorly written. I'm guessing they meant the portion of Rutland Road that extended north from Old Vernon Road onto the northbound Hwy 97 has been closed. Hwy 97 will still be accessible from Old Vernon Rd, but it will have a normal right turn lane.

That section of Rutland rd has been closed for a bit now. that was the original nightmare for which this thread was started.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Reading another article covering the closure it is the section of Rutland Rd that comes onto Hwy 97 going northbound at Auction World ... the merge that occurred near the old "Welcome To Kelowna" sign

The other closure is the "left turn" from Commercial onto southbound Hwy 97 ... so if you tried to use Commercial as a shortcut from Rutland to the highway you'll be able to continue north ...
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

That is a misprint. It is only the short section of road in front of the auto Auction that will be closed at the hwy. You will be able to turn north onto the hwy from Old Vernon Road. Take a look at this, you can zoom in to see all the detail:
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/drivin ... ll5_pd.pdf
Waste not
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

ok that makes more sense. thanks for the clarification
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

That's the part I was referring to as well, by Auction World...sorry guess I wasn't clear either.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Catri wrote:That's the part I was referring to as well, by Auction World...sorry guess I wasn't clear either.

Lol - you're not required to be - you're not building it :)
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Catri wrote:That's the part I was referring to as well, by Auction World...sorry guess I wasn't clear either.

no, my bad. you were clear. I was just so focused on the poor information in the news article, that I wasnt paying enough attention. after re-reading your post it makes perfect sense.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I travel down Acland every day and now, it takes me 8+minutes to get out to the highway during rush hour travel when it used to be just a few minutes. The new Acland/ORV intersection is also dangerous and slow with most people trying to drive across OVR. a.t.m.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Link?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Link?

vinnied wrote:heres a link to the article.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... redo-on-97

It says detour will be taken via Rutland Road, Acland Road and Edwards Road.
As for the photos posted. They have sexsmith on the wrong side of highway 97. That should be labeled Old Vernon rd

Return to “Central Okanagan”