Flags for aborted babies

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Post by JLives »

miss_sterious wrote:You're right. Unfortunately, both laws and accepted social behaviour are changing rapidly to make it 'ok' to harm others. The 'do what feels good in the moment' mentality does not bring happiness, it is a deception. And, as demonstrated by the thousands of tiny flags, harms the most vulnerable amongst us.

It is OK. Abortion is OK. You know what makes a lot of women happy? NOT having a baby.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Oct 1st, 2017, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use other means of advertising or promotong
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

If you know anyone considering abortion please leave them alone and offer nothing but support for their reproductive decisions that you aren't entitled to an opinion on.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

post has been removed.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

miss_sterious wrote:
UhHuhYeahSure wrote:I like flags. Do you like flags?

And balloons. I like balloons too. Can you use balloons next time? That would be nice. Maybe I'll like you more next time if you use balloons.

And maybe garden gnomes. Wouldn't that be wonderful!? I think garden gnomes and balloons and maybe give away chocolates to people who like balloons. Then maybe I'll like you a lot more then.

And you can stop the baby killing...with flags, balloons and garden gnomes.Yup...and chocolates too.

Yeah. That'll work. Sure.

Is your point that the flags don't raise awareness, that they don't prevent abortions, or that abortion is no big deal?

My smartaxe point is as simple as my post...nobody takes these people seriously. Standing at the side of the road with banners, flags, balloons or baboons dressed in party hats will not change any opinions on the subject.

But I guess these self ritious people have nothing to do in their lives but to stand there all pious and glowing (when they aren't on their knees talking through their hands to a mystery man who lives in the clouds) instead of looking after all the single Mom's and kids their opinion would result in.

Stop spending money on happy flags and pictures of aborted fetus's and pay the rent of a single Mom with 3 rugrats for a couple of decades.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I wouldn't consider someone who is advertising the phone number for a pregnancy care centre, and trying to prevent more death to be 'self righteous'.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Stop spending money on happy flags and pictures of aborted fetus's and pay the rent of a single Mom with 3 rugrats for a couple of decades

There's the rub , huh ? That hate mail that pro birthers stuffed into my mailbox 2 years ago , you know , that effing garbage with a picture of a supposed aborted fetus ?

Well that was an out right LIE .. The pic was of a miscarried fetus and NOT and aborted fetus ....

I`ll respect any ones opinion as long as it`s based on fact and truth .. Those old foggies who scream at women on Teusdays at KGH don`t rate .. They`re are out right LIARS.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

“Pre-lifer”

It’s important we call them what they really are. Pro-lifer is a false label when referring to people who don’t care about life beyond fetuses.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Omnitheo wrote:“Pre-lifer”

It’s important we call them what they really are. Pro-lifer is a false label when referring to people who don’t care about life beyond fetuses.

Yep. Just found out that a friend of mine, who lives in the US, was told at 6 months that her girl was not viable outside of the womb. Because of laws in her state she was forced her child to term. How can anyone put another human through that anguish? It's flat out wrong and horrific.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... at-schools

This is just so wrong. As the KSS administration attempted to have these protesters take into consideration - it has a young mother's program - and has for many years. Nope, that would interfere with their shock campaign. Fortunately, young people of today are far more enlightened to the numerous sides of most issues today, and abortion is certainly one of them. These shock campaigns do more damage to their cause than they seem smart enough to realize, and turn more away from their plight than it draws in. Their right to protest should never outweigh one's right to choice. Disgusting tactics, and each and every one of them should be ashamed.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Each and every one of them should be tarred and feathered. These pro lifers are nothing but pure scum.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Back in the 1980s and probably before that, too, there were local elected hospital boards in BC. A lot like school boards. Locally elected members decided issues for their local hospital, like whether or not to allow abortions. Once, the Supreme Court of Canada determined that abortion was legal, the province stepped in and took over control of the hospitals, and abortion became available at all hospitals.

The election battles back then pitted people, and churches, against each other. Leading up to election day there would be rows of priests, nuns, parishioners, and even kids waving signs like this at the passing public. I recall in Vernon that we elected an anti-abortion board once and they hovered over the doctors, ordering them to not do any abortions. The friction at the hospital was awful. Kelowna had a pro-abortion board. It all meant that ladies from Vernon would go to Kelowna for their abortions.

It appears that the battle isn't over for some of these people. With the election of Andrew Scheer as Conservative leader, perhaps they feel that a boost has been given to the cause. Scheer is a staunch anti-abortionist, and the extreme right wingers were instrumental in his election a leader. Of course Scheer will play peek-a-boo behind this issue, not wanting to be seen as a one issue leader, letting the zealots take to the streets for him.

Return to “Central Okanagan”