45143
44095

Flags for aborted babies

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Lady tehMa » Sep 8th, 2017, 8:28 am

I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small". People are gung-ho to wave that flag for animals and plants, but try to apply it to a human infant and *outrage*.
pepcat wrote:Where were these idiots when the infamous rabbit kill was going on, in the very place that they are standing in that picture? Didn't see any "right-to-lifers" around that day.
Because human children and rabbits are equal . . . uh huh.

Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.
I haven't failed until I quit.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16632
Likes: 13043 posts
Liked in: 3254 posts
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby gman313 » Sep 8th, 2017, 8:38 am

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small". People are gung-ho to wave that flag for animals and plants, but try to apply it to a human infant and *outrage*.
pepcat wrote:Where were these idiots when the infamous rabbit kill was going on, in the very place that they are standing in that picture? Didn't see any "right-to-lifers" around that day.
Because human children and rabbits are equal . . . uh huh.

Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.


you say most people recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it

you also say abortion is wrong but "I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility)."

Are you not doing the exact same thing? You are saying abortion is wrong but you are refusing to deal with the CONSEQUENCE OF THAT DECISION.

5 people like this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2127
Likes: 781 posts
Liked in: 808 posts
Joined: Sep 15th, 2008, 8:03 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby LTD » Sep 8th, 2017, 8:44 am

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small". People are gung-ho to wave that flag for animals and plants, but try to apply it to a human infant and *outrage*.
pepcat wrote:Where were these idiots when the infamous rabbit kill was going on, in the very place that they are standing in that picture? Didn't see any "right-to-lifers" around that day.
Because human children and rabbits are equal . . . uh huh.

Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.

I found it offensive much like I find anyone who feels they have the right to tell someone else what they can and cant do with their own body offensive

5 people like this post.
LTD
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2562
Likes: 1726 posts
Liked in: 1690 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Catri » Sep 8th, 2017, 10:15 am

I thought the 100,000 figure seemed high too, but looking around a bit, it seems less unrealistic than I thought. The last year there seems to be comprehensive data for was 1997 and there were more than 100,000 that year. Since then, accurate public reporting of the number of abortions seems to have diminished. Apparently abortion clinics aren't required to report their numbers the way that hospitals are so most of the surveys reflect lower numbers than there actually are, of course the provincial governments (which pay for the procedures) would have accurate stats, but they don't seem to publish them.
Catri
Übergod
 
Posts: 1176
Likes: 1032 posts
Liked in: 835 posts
Joined: Jul 13th, 2012, 7:18 am

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby whatwhat » Sep 8th, 2017, 10:16 am

While I am totally pro-choice, I have to agree with Lady tehMa. They have a right to protest. That doesn't mean they are free from mockery and criticism though.

Lady tehMa wrote:Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there.


Hopefully they picked up all their flags, and I hope they know that whenever I see their protests (whether it is at KGH, at UBCO, or on the side of the highway) it only strengthens my pro-choice beliefs.
hail Satan y'all

10 people like this post.
whatwhat
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2896
Likes: 2500 posts
Liked in: 1995 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2009, 10:06 am

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby WalterWhite » Sep 8th, 2017, 10:36 am

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small". People are gung-ho to wave that flag for animals and plants, but try to apply it to a human infant and *outrage*.
pepcat wrote:Where were these idiots when the infamous rabbit kill was going on, in the very place that they are standing in that picture? Didn't see any "right-to-lifers" around that day.
Because human children and rabbits are equal . . . uh huh.

Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.


As was just stated - they have a right to peaceful protest. I think most are understanding and accepting of that. I also think most are accepting of symbolic protests such as this latest flag demonstration - as opposed to previous "shock value" campaigns featuring the graphic depictions of unborn fetuses (never understood how anyone could think that was a good marketing plan). What I would like to know, is how many of those looking to impose their viewpoints on the rights of others with regard to their bodies - have taken measures to do more than just tell someone else what they can and can't do. How many are parents of adopted children? How many run foster homes? How many contribute regularly to programs benefiting education and medical requirements of children without parents? How many co tribute to local and national teen pregnancy programs? How many actually do something - other than just preach to the inadequacies of others - or is it simply too inconvenient - and easier just to tell someone else what to do?

6 people like this post.
WalterWhite
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 954
Likes: 740 posts
Liked in: 995 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Bleach » Sep 8th, 2017, 11:22 am

How many of those abortions are part of heath concerns (ie, both have a high chance of death, or the mother at higher risk.), or part of potential sexual assault?

Maybe the parents are incapable of supporting a child. It's takes money. If your making less the $15H, hard to support yourself much less a kid.

Not a black and white issue. It's only numbers, it can be over or under what is reported. Humans are great at having Bias, and everything is reported by humans. How much can you trust?

gman313 likes this post.
Bleach
Fledgling
 
Posts: 225
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 25 posts
Joined: Apr 2nd, 2006, 11:03 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby dkazzed » Sep 14th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Quote from Stephen Harper during his 2011 interview with Peter Mansbridge, and through Mr. Harper's faults

"Many people I know are pro-life," he said. "What I say to people, 'If you want to diminish the number of abortions, you’ve got to change hearts and not laws.' And I’m not interested in having a debate over abortion law."

Pro-choice does not mean being pro-abortion. Pro-choice is about giving the woman the right to choose no matter your stance on abortion.

5 people like this post.
dkazzed
 
Posts: 12
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 10 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Even Steven » Sep 14th, 2017, 4:16 pm

I'm ok with this type of campaign. It's their right, and it only offends people who are looking for reasons to get offended.

Veovis likes this post.
Even Steven
Übergod
 
Posts: 1992
Likes: 104 posts
Liked in: 1326 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby MAPearce » Sep 14th, 2017, 5:01 pm

Even Steven wrote:I'm ok with this type of campaign. It's their right, and it only offends people who are looking for reasons to get offended.



Yeah .. I feel the same way .... But when the old foggies who like to scream at women and then go home at 4 pm on Wednesdays think they had a right to trample my lawn in the process, ANY "pro life" Nazi looses my support ...
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10014
Likes: 1142 posts
Liked in: 3008 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Gixxer » Sep 14th, 2017, 5:54 pm

I wonder what these anti-choicers do for all the unwanted infants and children that are in foster care?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4115
Likes: 849 posts
Liked in: 1291 posts
Joined: Jul 26th, 2007, 8:24 am

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Farmmaa » Sep 14th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small".

Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.


Where to start with the judgemental rhetoric in this post ?

So, in your opinion, any female who has had an abortion is pretty much useless and irresponsible...right ?
Basically what you just wrote.
Have you ever actually stopped the right fight and tried to imagine the situation so many of these women find themselves in and exactly why they made that choice ?
No...because the lives of the mothers do not matter to the pro-life crowd - only that of an unformed fetus.

No, at no level do many of us secretly believe that abortion is wrong in any way, shape or form.
That is not 'all about me', in fact, the issue has nothing to do with me.

These are not children.
These are not babies.
There is no murder or genocide.

These are early term, incompletely formed embryos and fetuses.
They are fetuses...not children.

They are the primal goo that has the potential to one day become a human..perhaps - if every link in the astounding chain of events happens as it should.
The fact is, more embryos and fetuses never become humans than do.
Not due to abortion, but it's just nature's way.
Spontaneous abortions happen incredibly regularly - most women have had at least one miscarriage in their lifetime - many times before they even know for sure if they are pregnant.

That is because - a fertilized egg is NOT an independent, fully functioning being.

You are entitled to your beliefs and point of view - but don't assume for one moment that you have any clue as to how any of the rest of us truly feel or think.

4 people like this post.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2792
Likes: 1019 posts
Liked in: 2390 posts
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Poindexter » Sep 14th, 2017, 7:54 pm

How about a flag for every woman who died trying to perform an abortion on her own or in some seedy establishment when abrtion was illegal.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Poindexter
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4656
Likes: 2545 posts
Liked in: 3067 posts
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 11:44 am

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby Loki2u » Sep 14th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Farmmaa wrote:
Where to start with the judgemental rhetoric in this post ?

So, in your opinion, any female who has had an abortion is pretty much useless and irresponsible...right ?
Basically what you just wrote.
Have you ever actually stopped the right fight and tried to imagine the situation so many of these women find themselves in and exactly why they made that choice ?
No...because the lives of the mothers do not matter to the pro-life crowd - only that of an unformed fetus.

No, at no level do many of us secretly believe that abortion is wrong in any way, shape or form.
That is not 'all about me', in fact, the issue has nothing to do with me.

These are not children.
These are not babies.
There is no murder or genocide.

These are early term, incompletely formed embryos and fetuses.
They are fetuses...not children.

They are the primal goo that has the potential to one day become a human..perhaps - if every link in the astounding chain of events happens as it should.
The fact is, more embryos and fetuses never become humans than do.
Not due to abortion, but it's just nature's way.
Spontaneous abortions happen incredibly regularly - most women have had at least one miscarriage in their lifetime - many times before they even know for sure if they are pregnant.

That is because - a fertilized egg is NOT an independent, fully functioning being.

You are entitled to your beliefs and point of view - but don't assume for one moment that you have any clue as to how any of the rest of us truly feel or think.


You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Loki2u
Fledgling
 
Posts: 242
Likes: 216 posts
Liked in: 264 posts
Joined: Aug 24th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Postby JLives » Sep 14th, 2017, 8:24 pm

How about no flags at all because they are terrible for the environment and how about we back off women making decisions about their own damn bodies? Why is this even a discussion? I don't care what anyone else's opinion is when it comes to my body, you just don't get one.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

9 people like this post.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15177
Likes: 2599 posts
Liked in: 4815 posts
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 11:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stuart777 and 23 guests