Übergod

Re: Flags for aborted babies

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

10/10 :up:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

JLives wrote:How about no flags at all because they are terrible for the environment and how about we back off women making decisions about their own damn bodies? Why is this even a discussion? I don't care what anyone else's opinion is when it comes to my body, you just don't get one.

I agree. But it is your right to support and their right to make a peaceful statement about their beliefs.

Personally I feel the choice is a right to go one route or the other and the people that agree can and the people that disagree can. This was a calm way to make a statement. NO parade, no protest, no fights, just an allowed statement.

Agree or disagree it was a clean protest.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Veovis wrote:I agree. But it is your right to support and their right to make a peaceful statement about their beliefs.

Personally I feel the choice is a right to go one route or the other and the people that agree can and the people that disagree can. This was a calm way to make a statement. NO parade, no protest, no fights, just an allowed statement.

Agree or disagree it was a clean protest.

Some people created a bunch of garbage on the roadside to try to make a point that changed nobody's minds.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Lady tehMa wrote:I'm pro-life, and I thought the campaign was a good one to raise awareness.

You can (and will) do whatever you want to do, just don't try to fool yourselves.

Killing a child in utero is still killing a child. And that is a LOT of children being killed. I'm not going to get into a question of how they would all be raised (like the people conceiving them would ever take on responsibility). But the fact is, "a life is a life no matter how small". People are gung-ho to wave that flag for animals and plants, but try to apply it to a human infant and outrage. *snip by Jlives for berevity*
Most of you feel happy to mock people who stand behind something because it isn't something you agree with - they weren't being offensive, they were just there. And I think the problem most of you have with them is that at some level you recognize abortion is wrong, but refuse to deal with it. It interrupts your happy "all about me" narrative. After all, if you recognize these children as human, then you have to accord them the rights of a human and recognize this epic genocide of the inconvenient.

I just don't see why humans are super special for being able to breed. Life isn't a miracle, it's part of biology. It's been around for millions of years. It feels amazing going through the process, or did for me anyway, but no species would exist without reproduction. We're not special for making babies. Some of us can choose when we want to and that's a good thing. Some of us can't and that's terrible. I love my children deeply but I'm not going to put them on a pedestal just for being born.

Abortion isn't wrong. It's a medical procedure that gives women control over their own bodies and lives. And none of them owe us an explanation for why.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Remember, these people are not pro-lifers, they are Pre-lifers. They care only about fetuses. As soon as a child is born they care nothing for it, whether it grows up in a good home or is adopted into foster care or winds up on the streets. These same people will fight against the country taking in refugees and they are the first to advocate bombing Muslims. Just try talking to one, it becomes clear quite quickly they care nothing about mothers or children, or human beings in general. They just care about fetuses, and punishing women for having sex for enjoyment.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

JLives wrote:Some people created a bunch of garbage on the roadside to try to make a point that changed nobody's minds.

Same can be said about every single protest/movement/rally ever done.
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

Abortion is murder, it is the ending of a life with an outside force. I would like to know how many of the posters here have actually seen how an abortion is done. Back in high school we watched a video that showed what the baby goes through, how they try to get away from the tube. I have known women that got abortions here in Kelowna at 6 months gestation. The baby was healthy but the women felt mentally she could not continue with the pregnancy. Those are done with a solution that burns the baby alive. Others did it to get even with their now ex. So many people *bleep* about how we are taxed to death,yet it is the taxpayers that pay for these to be preformed. It costs the taxpayers 75 million a year. If women want to abort so bad let them pay for it. Since it is their body, they are in control of getting pregnant or not. Don't want kids, get your tubes tied.

http://abortionincanada.ca/funding/
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

MAPearce wrote:
Even Steven wrote:I'm ok with this type of campaign. It's their right, and it only offends people who are looking for reasons to get offended.

Yeah .. I feel the same way .... But when the old foggies who like to scream at women and then go home at 4 pm on Wednesdays think they had a right to trample my lawn in the process, ANY "pro life" Nazi looses my support ...

TUESDAY. Not Wed.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 21st, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 21st, 2017, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
KelownaCC
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCC »

TJ05 wrote: I have known women that got abortions here in Kelowna at 6 months gestation. The baby was healthy but the women felt mentally she could not continue with the pregnancy. Those are done with a solution that burns the baby alive.

Do you have some evidence for the "burning babies alive" claim? I can't find any references to that. Also, if a woman has an abortion at later than 20 weeks it is considered a late term abortion. Only 1to 2% of abortions in Canada are at 20 weeks or later, and the vast majority of those are because of severe birth defects or significant risk to the mother's health. Would you rather the mother die and the baby be born without a mother? What if she is a single mother with other children - should they have to grow up without a mother so the baby can be born?
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Freedom of speech - I don't have a problem with it at all.
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

KelownaCC wrote:
TJ05 wrote: I have known women that got abortions here in Kelowna at 6 months gestation. The baby was healthy but the women felt mentally she could not continue with the pregnancy. Those are done with a solution that burns the baby alive.

Do you have some evidence for the "burning babies alive" claim? I can't find any references to that. Also, if a woman has an abortion at later than 20 weeks it is considered a late term abortion. Only 1to 2% of abortions in Canada are at 20 weeks or later, and the vast majority of those are because of severe birth defects or significant risk to the mother's health. Would you rather the mother die and the baby be born without a mother? What if she is a single mother with other children - should they have to grow up without a mother so the baby can be born?

Look up Saline injection,it will tell you how the baby swallows the solution and that the skin is burnt away. Do you have evidence to back up that it is only 1-2% that are late abortions and the cause?

http://prochoice.com/abort_how.html#salt
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

TJ05 wrote:Look up Saline injection,it will tell you how the baby swallows the solution and that the skin is burnt away. Do you have evidence to back up that it is only 1-2% that are late abortions and the cause?

http://prochoice.com/abort_how.html#salt

https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/common-abortion-myths-facts
Myth #3: A woman can get an abortion at any point in her pregnancy.

Fact: Physicians performing abortions are governed by medical practice guidelines and legislation. Canadian Medical Association (CMA) policy permits abortion after 20 weeks only under exceptional circumstances. Less than 0.4% of abortions occur after this point.

Myth #10: Foetuses can feel pain.

Fact: Evidence regarding the capacity for foetal pain is limited, but indicates that foetal perception of pain is unlikely before the third trimester.

I would recommend possibly searching out sources that aren't so obviously biased.
hail Satan y'all
TJ05
Fledgling

Post by TJ05 »

whatwhat wrote:
https://www.optionsforsexualhealth.org/common-abortion-myths-facts
Myth #3: A woman can get an abortion at any point in her pregnancy.

Fact: Physicians performing abortions are governed by medical practice guidelines and legislation. Canadian Medical Association (CMA) policy permits abortion after 20 weeks only under exceptional circumstances. Less than 0.4% of abortions occur after this point.

Myth #10: Foetuses can feel pain.

Fact: Evidence regarding the capacity for foetal pain is limited, but indicates that foetal perception of pain is unlikely before the third trimester.

I would recommend possibly searching out sources that aren't so obviously biased.

So does the fetus, in fact, feel pain? A growing body of evidence says yes. The fetus is known to have pain receptors throughout the body by 8 weeks of gestation.[4] By 20 weeks gestational age, the fetus will react to a painful stimulus in the same manner that adults do.
Perhaps you should research it a bit more.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/845410
http://www.doctorsonfetalpain.com/
http://www.abortionmyths.ca/late_term_a ... anada.html

Return to “Central Okanagan”