Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby common_sense_guy » Sep 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

Couple nights ago 5 fire trucks were responding to a call on oyama road across from Hebert Road. Found my scanner and I think I heard them mentioned something about a backyard fire and the people didn't know the ban was on.. has anybody heard if they got fined or let off the hook with such a large fire response.
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)
common_sense_guy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 138
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 108 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby Scrobins94 » Sep 13th, 2017, 11:16 am

brosy wrote:Couple nights ago 5 fire trucks were responding to a call on oyama road across from Hebert Road. Found my scanner and I think I heard them mentioned something about a backyard fire and the people didn't know the ban was on.. has anybody heard if they got fined or let off the hook with such a large fire response.


Sorry, haven't heard anything. I don't usually listen in on other people's conversations though...

Loki2u likes this post.
Scrobins94
Fledgling
 
Posts: 129
Likes: 252 posts
Liked in: 112 posts
Joined: Jan 15th, 2017, 5:42 am

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby common_sense_guy » Sep 13th, 2017, 11:20 am

Why would you bother replying if you didn't hear anything.lol. I don't need 100 people say no I didn't hear anything. And I'm guessing you're not familiar with what a scanner is are you? It wasn't a private conversation I was listening in on
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)

2 people like this post.
common_sense_guy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 138
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 108 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby youjustcomplain » Sep 13th, 2017, 1:23 pm

brosy: check your private inbox on the forum.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 669
Likes: 177 posts
Liked in: 391 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby Loki2u » Sep 13th, 2017, 3:05 pm

brosy wrote:Why would you bother replying if you didn't hear anything.lol. I don't need 100 people say no I didn't hear anything. And I'm guessing you're not familiar with what a scanner is are you? It wasn't a private conversation I was listening in on


Is an answer really necessary for you question though? What difference would it make to you?

I get the impression the answer wouldn't satisfy you either way.

Option 1) Yes they were caught and received a fine.
You) Good! Bunch of idiots-the fine should've been bigger!

Option 2) No they were let off the hook with just a warning
You) Bunch of morons! This is ridiculous! Blah blah blah....

Either way, so what? Complaining on here about does nothing.

I mean you listen to a scanner......who does that other than busy bodies?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
Loki2u
Fledgling
 
Posts: 288
Likes: 297 posts
Liked in: 341 posts
Joined: Aug 24th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby common_sense_guy » Sep 13th, 2017, 3:41 pm

I would like to know if they got fined or not since my taxes go towards fire and other essential services. if they didn't get fined I then have the option of making some waves to make sure idiots like that pay for fire call outs and not me ..it is my business as well as anyone else that pays taxes
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)

2 people like this post.
common_sense_guy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 138
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 108 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby youjustcomplain » Sep 13th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Loki2u wrote:Is an answer really necessary for you question though? What difference would it make to you?

I get the impression the answer wouldn't satisfy you either way.

Option 1) Yes they were caught and received a fine.
You) Good! Bunch of idiots-the fine should've been bigger!

Option 2) No they were let off the hook with just a warning
You) Bunch of morons! This is ridiculous! Blah blah blah....

Either way, so what? Complaining on here about does nothing.

I mean you listen to a scanner......who does that other than busy bodies?


I get the feeling brosy lives in Lake Country and was concerned or nervous. Many people are very nervous about the fires since 8 homes were lost less than two months ago. Just a guess.

voice of reason likes this post.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 669
Likes: 177 posts
Liked in: 391 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby lightspeed » Sep 13th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Idiots burning in their back yard is a legitimate concern.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

2 people like this post.
User avatar
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2604
Likes: 4126 posts
Liked in: 2052 posts
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 10:58 am
Location: Vulgaria

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby Bsuds » Sep 13th, 2017, 4:29 pm

lightspeed wrote:Idiots burning in their back yard is a legitimate concern.


And the excuse that they didn't know a ban was in effect is total BS!
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42134
Likes: 8175 posts
Liked in: 10353 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby EZGuy » Sep 25th, 2017, 6:32 am

About 12 years ago there was a fire started by 2 property owners clearing land in the hot summer months at the north end the private lane off Moberly Road in Lake Country. The fire spread into trees and a substantial interface fire started. DLC fire department and BC wild land fire water bombers both responded to put out the fire. Even though the fire was illegal (no burn permit) the 2 property owners were not charged. However it cost the tax payers over$20,000 to extinguish the fire. The 2 property owners who started the fire were both YLW firemen, so buddies. And we wonder why taxes are so high. Do an FOI request if you don't believe me.
EZGuy
 
Posts: 44
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Apr 11th, 2009, 5:50 am

Re: Five fire trucks in Lake Country

Postby youjustcomplain » Sep 25th, 2017, 11:35 am

EZGuy wrote:About 12 years ago there was a fire started by 2 property owners clearing land in the hot summer months at the north end the private lane off Moberly Road in Lake Country. The fire spread into trees and a substantial interface fire started. DLC fire department and BC wild land fire water bombers both responded to put out the fire. Even though the fire was illegal (no burn permit) the 2 property owners were not charged. However it cost the tax payers over$20,000 to extinguish the fire. The 2 property owners who started the fire were both YLW firemen, so buddies. And we wonder why taxes are so high. Do an FOI request if you don't believe me.


This is kind of off topic.. But regardless, you think that they didn't get charged because they were fire fighters in another district? Far fetched. Who brings the charges anyhow? I won't say that you're wrong. I just highly doubt that you're right.
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 669
Likes: 177 posts
Liked in: 391 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm


Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcvineliving, CommonCrawl [Bot], kplange and 17 guests