The Unofficial Driving Survey.

TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: The Unofficial Driving Survey.

Post by TylerM4 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:If it was a yield sign it would be worse. Stop sign does not mean stop If someone else is visible, it means come to a complete stop. Every time, all the time..

*removed*

You're repeating my point. Everyone knows what a stop sign means.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 15th, 2017, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

TylerM4 wrote:*removed*

Do they really though?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

JLives wrote:
TylerM4 wrote:*removed*

Do they really though?

"Knowing" and "obeying" are 2 different things ...
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

WalterWhite wrote:Great to see people (60; CV) that aren't just offering lip service on forums - but actually getting out and getting involved to try and make a difference.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#206548

What difference can CV provide?

My understanding is the RCMP enforce the Traffic Laws in Kelowna. As for that intersection, I use it daily as I live up the street. It is a sad situation in this City.

Lack of enforcement is the issue here. No one is held accountable for there breaking the laws. Why do you think we have so many accidents? I could go on and on about the stupidity of drivers in this City it won't change until policing does.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:If it was a yield sign it would be worse. Stop sign does not mean stop If someone else is visible, it means come to a complete stop. Every time, all the time..

You are correct and bad habits are hard to change.

A stop and go can put you and others in danger as you have the possibility to miss a bicycle, motorcycle or car behind your post on a glance. Now you have caused a accident.

I shake my head at the stupids that wheel around that corner without slowing down at all. I see it a lot there.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Kelowna needs more policing. Used to see them once in awhile on the Glenmore raceway. But no more. 70 - 80 km is the norm now. Maybe its time for a city police force. Kelowna is as large as some communities on he coast that have their own police force. We now have the building to house them. Something has to be done to curtail the rampant driving by so many. Just my 2 bits.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 15th, 2017, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

casey60 wrote:Kelowna needs more policing. Used to see them once in awhile on the Glenmore raceway. But no more. 70 - 80 km is the norm now. Maybe its time for a city police force. Kelowna is as large as some communities on he coast that have their own police force. We now have the building to house them. Something has to be done to curtail the rampant driving by so many. Just my 2 bits.

I personally have witnessed POLICE ignore offenses, what we need is all officers to become involved. IF you can sit at Tim Hortins for one hour in the morning, you can write a ticket or two during your 12 hour shift. Stop the BS about being too busy because I've been there and done that!

Return to “Central Okanagan”