Pallet fire

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Pallet fire

Post by whatwhat »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/206560/Pallet-blaze-suspicious

Hopefully they are able to do some follow up and catch whomever did is.

But saying that, I live in the area. About 2-3 months ago, I was getting in my car to head to the grocery store quickly and noticed a young man walking down our alley way with a lawn mower. I watch him for a minute or two, and drove away. I was gone no longer than 5-10 minutes and our neighbour was using a cup and water from a puddle to put the fire on the lawn mower out. The fire department was called, they checked everything over. I talked with them, and they said a police officer couldn't come now (due to the flooding) but they would either contact me or come to my house to get a statement and description. I never heard from them.

I was disappointed they didn't take what happened seriously, and hopefully the person who decided to steal and set fire to another neighbour's lawnmower hasn't decided to do that anywhere else.
hail Satan y'all
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Re: Pallet fire

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Pallets should not have been stacked as high as they were, I was at the store the day before and was shocked at how many pallets this company collects...it's unsafe, the owner of the business was in denial. :-X Five lives could've been lost.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so a junkie starts the fire and its the owners fault ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

I blame lawnmower man...
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Blame the earth for creating this evil wood that burns!
Sure do love Rutland!!
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

the truth wrote:so a junkie starts the fire and its the owners fault ?

If there were no pile of pallets, then the "junkie"(not proven yet) more than likely would not have even thought about starting a fire. The store owner should not let the pile of pallets get that big. I'll bet dollars to donuts that you won't see stacks of pallets st that location any more.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:so a junkie starts the fire and its the owners fault ?

I believe it's actually against city bylaw to store/stockpile flammable materials such as pallets. I recall on a project next to a friend's place, the fire department stopped and ordered the neighboring project to remove a large stockpile of wood scraps, cardboard packaging and pallets from the rear of the property with alley access for the very reason it would be too inviting to any potential fire bug.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

does not change the fact that some junkie started the fire
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:does not change the fact that some junkie started the fire

Oh please - nowhere is there any mention of a "junkie". A man on a bike. I happen to be a man on a bike, most days of the week, and sometimes as early as 5AM - I'm no junkie. Your agenda is more than obvious, but at least try and stick to facts.
Kelownabusinessman
Fledgling

Post by Kelownabusinessman »

There is now a tarp over the fence that went up in flames, I feel terrible for those who lived in the building as they have been displaced and will not be returning for a few months.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Very sad situation for the residents who lived in the house that was affected by the fire, I was in the area today and noticed a green coloured tarp is covering the fence that was partially scorched.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the truth wrote:does not change the fact that some junkie started the fire

how do we know it wasnt you ? .wheres your proof of who did it ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

it was on chbc news ,
or maybe it was you
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Pallets are not worth a plug nickel one by one, but get a semi load and then they are.
Collecting a semi load makes financial sense as long as no delinquent lights them up.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

I spoke to the Med market owner the other day as I was passing through the store, I asked him if he was going to relocate his pallets or do weekly pallet removals, he told me it was not the pallets that started the fire and his pallets had nothing to do with it, I brought up the fact that if the pallets weren't stacked as high the duplex would not have caught fire, he didn't have much to say

Return to “Central Okanagan”