Canada's OD capital

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby foodsmith » Jan 12th, 2018, 2:37 pm

the truth wrote:exactly, look at what people want to do to help addicts, free drugs, higher living wage fee health care, free housing free food free, free, free, free,free everything,no reason too change .

Provision of an increase to the minimum wage in the hopes of also providing a living wage had exactly zero to do with addiction or remediation thereof...

Free Health Care? If you're discussing access to the same services that every single person is entitled to via legislation in this Province , then you are correct; however, provision of free Health Care specifically for addicts does not exist and has never been endorsed by our Government. IN fact, the previous government did its best to take back what provision were made available to this struggling with addictions -- in the shape of increasing cost of supplies like Methadone or implementing fee-for-service schemes for those attending clinics for their medication. (References available!)

Free housing, eh?! If you are referring to transition, supportive housing please provide some reference -- a link, even -- to where non-precarious housing is mandated in this Province. (I'll hold my breath...)

Free food? Anyone can access community kitchens province-wide. ANYONE.

Free drugs? From where, exactly? (Again, please provide any reference to provision of "free drugs" for addicts...)
foodsmith
Board Meister

Liked in: 285 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2018, 2:38 pm

fyi, top secret information for you--not everyone has an addiction,or crutch problem,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

lightspeed likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5820 posts

Postby foodsmith » Jan 12th, 2018, 4:25 pm

the truth wrote:fyi, top secret information for you--not everyone has an addiction,or crutch problem,

Very, VERY well said, Truthy.

Perhaps put this on the wall above your computer?
foodsmith
Board Meister

Liked in: 285 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 17th, 2018, 12:34 pm

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Queen K likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Queen K » Jan 17th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Not enough Boxes for them to discard their needles safely.

Oh wait...
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.

the truth likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12662 posts

Postby AlienSoldier » Jan 23rd, 2018, 6:45 am

A recent study on where most OD's occur.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/majority-of-overdose-deaths-occur-indoors-affects-men-disproportionately-fraser-health?google_editors_picks=true

Main points:
- 70% of deaths occur in private homes
- 90% of deaths occur indoors (private homes, hotels, restaurant bathrooms, etc)
- 85% are male and between 30-39 years of age

2 people like this post.
AlienSoldier
Fledgling

Liked in: 214 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 23rd, 2018, 7:01 am

AlienSoldier wrote:A recent study on where most OD's occur.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/majority-of-overdose-deaths-occur-indoors-affects-men-disproportionately-fraser-health?google_editors_picks=true

Main points:
- 90% of deaths occur indoors (private homes, hotels, restaurant bathrooms, etc)

Ya. So public places to get high are not needed. What is needed . Is a way to cheaply test drugs
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2677 posts

Postby voice of reason » Jan 23rd, 2018, 7:05 am

Main points:

not surprising since the homeless are a tiny fraction of the population

Queen K likes this post.
voice of reason
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 859 posts

Postby AlienSoldier » Jan 23rd, 2018, 11:55 am

Jflem1983 wrote:

Main points:

Ya. So public places to get high are not needed. What is needed . Is a way to cheaply test drugs

If your going to spend money to test drugs you might as well supply it and collect tax dollars and create jobs.
AlienSoldier
Fledgling

Postby AlienSoldier » Jan 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am

voice of reason wrote:

Main points:

I would agree, but the difference is staggering. I really believe many functioning addicts are the ones getting the worst of it. Watch the documentary "DOPE" on Netflix, it shows how many suburbs are being affected and that's where the deaths are.
AlienSoldier
Fledgling

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 23rd, 2018, 2:45 pm

Why would we want even more government. Last thing the government needs is to be selling drugs. Thats silly. Saving lives fine. Ill go that far with you. Actually importing lethal drugs to sell. No thats crazy and should remain illegal. I thought this was about saving lives
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

voice of reason likes this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2677 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 23rd, 2018, 3:07 pm

[uote="AlienSoldier"]
voice of reason wrote:

Main points:

I would agree, but the difference is staggering. I really believe many functioning addicts are the ones getting the worst of it. Watch the documentary "DOPE" on Netflix, it shows how many suburbs are being affected and that's where the deaths are.

i watched -dope - on netfix, i liked the honestly of one of the drug dealers in the show, when he said he sells fentanyl , and people come looking for him 24/7 for it, because they like the cheap high, but the know it all's on here say no one is looking for it [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] so most od's occur in homes, most likely from people who know better,

maybe the news should stop making it look like most od's occur outside with the homeless, they might get more support

Jflem1983 likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan