51738
51737

Canada's OD capital

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby techrtr » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:02 pm

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-215799-3-.htm#215799 thank you junkies :swear:


Disgusting. Let nature take its course and if someone od's, c'est la vie.

3 people like this post.
techrtr
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 878
Likes: 69 posts
Liked in: 787 posts
Joined: Jul 5th, 2005, 6:47 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby the truth » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:18 pm

they only care about there next high :swear: :cuss: , nothing else ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

alanjh595 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13398
Likes: 8195 posts
Liked in: 4862 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby AlienSoldier » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:04 am

the truth wrote:they only care about there next high :swear: :cuss: , nothing else ,


Man do people with addiction poop on your lawn everyday? You always seem to find a reason or way to blame them for every problem. lol

Also, maybe the blame also is with the dealers who provide the drugs, or cops who can't or don't enforce the law to put dealers behind bars? There is more to it than stopping people from doing drugs. Go into any hotel and you will see people who function perfectly normal in society and are respected doing drugs and binging for days.

foodsmith likes this post.
AlienSoldier
Fledgling
 
Posts: 133
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 103 posts
Joined: Oct 30th, 2017, 10:53 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:07 am

AlienSoldier wrote:
the truth wrote:they only care about there next high :swear: :cuss: , nothing else ,


Man do people with addiction poop on your lawn everyday? You always seem to find a reason or way to blame them for every problem. lol

Also, maybe the blame also is with the dealers who provide the drugs, or cops who can't or don't enforce the law to put dealers behind bars? There is more to it than stopping people from doing drugs. Go into any hotel and you will see people who function perfectly normal in society and are respected doing drugs and binging for days.



Whoa. Where are u staying ? That last bit is quite a statement. I stay in hotels a lot. I will say without a doubt most towns i dont see any drug binges.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3097
Likes: 5524 posts
Liked in: 1766 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby AlienSoldier » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:28 am

Jflem1983 wrote:
AlienSoldier wrote:
Man do people with addiction poop on your lawn everyday? You always seem to find a reason or way to blame them for every problem. lol

Also, maybe the blame also is with the dealers who provide the drugs, or cops who can't or don't enforce the law to put dealers behind bars? There is more to it than stopping people from doing drugs. Go into any hotel and you will see people who function perfectly normal in society and are respected doing drugs and binging for days.



Whoa. Where are u staying ? That last bit is quite a statement. I stay in hotels a lot. I will say without a doubt most towns i dont see any drug binges.


I have many family members that work in hotels at various levels and have been told multiple times. Usually these aren't people who live on the street, but individuals who work, have homes and families but want to do things discreetly. By doing it in hotels they can do their business comfortably and discreetly, without the drugs or evidence being found around their homes. Many hotel staff can confirm this, and they only find out after the person has left.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
AlienSoldier
Fledgling
 
Posts: 133
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 103 posts
Joined: Oct 30th, 2017, 10:53 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:30 am

That i believe.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3097
Likes: 5524 posts
Liked in: 1766 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby JayByrd » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:34 am

AlienSoldier wrote:Man do people with addiction poop on your lawn everyday? You always seem to find a reason or way to blame them for every problem. lol

Also, maybe the blame also is with the dealers who provide the drugs, or cops who can't or don't enforce the law to put dealers behind bars? There is more to it than stopping people from doing drugs. Go into any hotel and you will see people who function perfectly normal in society and are respected doing drugs and binging for days.


Amen. Functioning addicts (I mean people with jobs, families etc...not the ones shooting up behind a dumpster) specialize in appearing normal. All addicts have their patterns, too...not every addict is using at every possible moment. Your doctor or lawyer or whomever might be completely sober during the day, but crushing a mountain of coke at home after work and you'd never know it. People, especially here, tend to forget that alcohol and drug addiction isn't limited to the crackheads they see on the street or on the news.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3002
Likes: 564 posts
Liked in: 1125 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:40 am

Unfortunately . They are the ones dying.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3097
Likes: 5524 posts
Liked in: 1766 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:44 am

Jflem1983 wrote:That i believe.
, agree they are no better
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13398
Likes: 8195 posts
Liked in: 4862 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2018, 11:46 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Unfortunately . They are the ones dying.
, agree weekend junkies, said really so many people feel the need to do drugs to have a good time or relax after a hard days work,and before they know it they are junkies, they know better but do it anyway --crazy--
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13398
Likes: 8195 posts
Liked in: 4862 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby JayByrd » Jan 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm

the truth wrote: agree weekend junkies, said really so many people feel the need to do drugs to have a good time or relax after a hard days work,and before they know it they are junkies, they know better but do it anyway --crazy--


Virtually every addict ever is compensating for some sort of unresolved trauma, filling an emotional hole with something. That becomes addiction when the nervous system becomes dependent on whatever it's been getting. And it's not limited to drugs and alcohol...food, gambling, pornography...different people find different things. That 300 lb man might be as addicted to food as any junkie is to his/her stuff.

You've said a few times that you have a sad story too, but you didn't turn to drugs to ease your pain. Different people process things differently. Think of soldiers who've been in combat...many of them are emotionally never the same again, some have PTSD so bad they can't even function in society. And some get through it fine. Everyone's brain processes trauma and recovers from it differently.

Imagine what it would take before you looked for relief at the bottom of a bottle. It would have to be something pretty bad.

I'm not asking you to have sympathy...no "poor dears, it's not their fault". People are still responsible for what they do. But they all ended up where they are for a reason.
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
'cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3002
Likes: 564 posts
Liked in: 1125 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2018, 12:41 pm

you say-- virtually every addict ever is compensating for some sort of unresolved trauma-- i disagree 100% ,yes many do but just as many imo just do drugs or whatever, for fun , and before they know it they are also full blown addicts,

we need to stop breast feeding everyone, many f up,just because they were stupid not because they had or have unresolved trauma own your poop people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13398
Likes: 8195 posts
Liked in: 4862 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 12th, 2018, 12:44 pm

the truth wrote:you say-- virtually every addict ever is compensating for some sort of unresolved trauma-- i disagree 100% ,yes many do but just as many imo just do drugs or whatever, for fun , and before they know it they are also full blown addicts,

we need to stop breast feeding everyone, many f up,just because they were stupid not because they had or have unresolved trauma own your poop people



Lots of addicts i know . Not all. Have come from somewhat broken homes. Divorced parents etc. Families who stay together seem to fair a little better.

I somewhat agree with jaybyrd.

Truth is rite as usual though. It really doesnt much matter what or why. If u r an addict. And u need help. U gotta man up. Own it and get to getting better. No one can do it for u.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3097
Likes: 5524 posts
Liked in: 1766 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby the truth » Jan 12th, 2018, 12:53 pm

exactly, look at what people want to do to help addicts, free drugs, higher living wage fee health care, free housing free food free, free, free, free,free everything,no reason too change .
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13398
Likes: 8195 posts
Liked in: 4862 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Canada's OD capital

Postby Mtn Biker » Jan 12th, 2018, 12:57 pm

the truth wrote:they only care about there next high :swear: :cuss: , nothing else ,


Your lack of insight into what addiction is or is not is appalling and your comments read as pathetic. I suggest you educate yourself on the matter before you spew anymore hatred towards people suffering addictions. I wonder what your crutch is??
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 851
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 261 posts
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 12:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Scrobins94 and 16 guests