Re: Rib Fest

Post by BigBearBruno »

Sometimes ribs give me gas!
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
spooker

Post by spooker »

I've met that pig before and she is a cutie ... took my daughter by the shop she hangs out at during the day and that was fun ...

I can't see them "protesting" ... Naked Cafe is a good place to go and the people are very friendly ... but yeah, letting people who are going to an "eat your face meat fest" know a bit more about how to get the same pleasure without all the other issues that come from meat-farming is something I can see them doing

Went last year ... spent over $20 just for myself ... and had to spend so much time figuring out who was getting my money it wasn't fun ... they need to have a sampling flight so you can really appreciate all the different styles ...

Some of my best friends are vegan ... the successful ones are quite intelligent ... makes you wonder eh? :biggrin:
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

We are living in interesting times.
We celebrate differences that warrant no pride, nor celebration.
We label them with capital letters.
We give them special treatment.
We justify the unjust, by using the scapegoats we’ve created in order to avoid accountability.
We label them with capital Letters.
We give them special treatment.
We allow social terrorists to march with placards and adorn our public lands with sandwich boards displaying offensive imagery.
We continue to see our surroundings through our periphery, rather than face the truths in focus, face on.
Yet, we show intolerance toward someone telling the truth, in as least offensive of a manner as they can, while still having a voice and they are met with the kinds of judgements and criticism displayed here.

Don’t get me wrong. I love meat. I eat too much of all varieties. If it’s made from meat, I will eat.

I am also awake and aware enough to know that the private mission these folks took upon themselves to march into is worthy.
Ain’t gotta be no rocket surgeon to know that pork, beef and chicken, our main “turf” meat staples are all out of control these days. Out of OUR control.
Our fisheries that put those yummy, smothered in garlic butter morsels of sea-bug innards and slabs of fleshy fish fillets on our plates are in the same boat...er...sea? Out of control. Out of OUR control.

These people are absolutely right.
There are better ways to nourish ourselves than commercially raised pork.
There are better means to raise funds than through celebrating gluttony and disrespect.
There are better ways to obtain meat than to keep both eyes shut until the cut hits your plate.
That is plain wrong.
Every meat eater alive should see the entire process from start to end. Only through that experience will we all gain a better respect, and adopt higher standards for our meat to table practices.
If we knew what goes on between the roadside curb appeal of a working farm with healthy animals and the plate we eat them from, we would most definitely practice a much better means than we do at present.

We (most of us) eat too much of all varieties of meat.
We (most of us) have zero respect for the animal we eat, nor have any connection to the amount of animal wasted, so you can have those perfect cuts.
Hunters can attest to these claims I make.
Hunters are connected.

There was a time that each and every home sustained themselves from the land. Respect ran high and waste ran low. How many of us boil bones now? How many eat all of the organs? Who’s ever eaten the brains, or used them elsewhere in our day to day to avoid the disrespect that comes with wasting an animal’s offering? Ever eaten an eyeball? They used to be the candy of a kill for the kids.

Yeah, I eat meat from the shelves. I eat far too much of it.
In that case, I am a part of the problem.

I totally respect these outstanding citizens for enlightening the few that were willing to hear what they had to say. If their crusade affected just one person in a profound way, then it was worth it. That’s how movements start, and one day I hope to be strong enough to ride on their cart, choosing a better way to nourish my body than needless, disrespectful slaughter followed by the level of gluttony I was taught to celebrate each holiday.
I wish I could hunt (bad vision), as I once did. I feel a need to get back to being connected, and perhaps this article is just another step for me in that direction. For now though, I’m looking forward to my seafood chowder and steaks tonight. I can't exclude the bacon wrapped atlantic scallops and creamed peas on toast. Damn, I'm gonna feel guilty later tonight.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I personally take the side of the protesters and the pig in this case.

I mean, if any of the vendors ran out of pork, at least this way they had a spare lying around.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Central Okanagan”