Name the New School

forumdoug
Übergod

Re: Name the New School

Post by forumdoug »

I don't care what they name it as long as it's not named after some "pioneer Kelowna citizen" who just happened to be an early settler. Not a reason to get a name, in my opinion! :(

I like Canyon Falls - it was one of my three suggestions, the other being Crawford Hills or Crawford Heights or, how about, simply Upper Mission Middle School? :)

School McSchoolyface but, sadly, we've got a bunch of old codger school trustees that never would've allowed it, many of who have kids who have long since graduated from the school system yet they hang on to power with their aging fingernails (*cough* Moyra Baxter *cough* Rolli Cacchioni *cough*)

Cheers,
Doug
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Being that it’s in the mission, I’d suggest naming it for firefighters involved in the 2003 fires, if they are going to name it after a person that is.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Oh I wouldn't worry about a name so much - names change all the time:

http://www.vancourier.com/news/macdonal ... 1.23070330

In another 100 years the school will change names again or be closed (most likely closed).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

Omnitheo wrote:Being that it’s in the mission, I’d suggest naming it for firefighters involved in the 2003 fires, if they are going to name it after a person that is.

*shudder* I hope that's tongue-in-cheek because that's literally, the worst idea ever! :(

Cheers,
Doug
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I can't believe Schooly McSchoolface didn't make the cut. (lol - most likely it did, but they'd never reveal that to the public)
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

They should just give it a number .......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I like the name, for where it is it is fitting. I like names better than making it just OKM, or KSS, etc, as well as not naming it after someone as in 30 years there will be a revolt as some detail comes out that they weren't a saint and therefore evil.

Or just name it what kids call it "UGH DO I HAFTA GO?"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Meh - names can change.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Veovis wrote:I like the name, for where it is it is fitting. I like names better than making it just OKM, or KSS, etc, as well as not naming it after someone as in 30 years there will be a revolt as some detail comes out that they weren't a saint and therefore evil.

Or just name it what kids call it "UGH DO I HAFTA GO?"

I'm sure you know that OKM and KSS do have actual names...right ?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

CF - I'm sure kids are calling it Cystic Fibrosis right now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

CFMS - poses endless possibilities.....
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Queen K wrote:CF - I'm sure kids are calling it Cystic Fibrosis right now.

Those young people and their zany humour...
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

WalterWhite wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/206899/Name-citys-new-school

Oh yay - another effigy to an architect. How about designing/building something practical, instead of the very best that money can buy? I can just hear it now - new upper Mission school - Richy Rich Elementary; Silver Spoon Middle School; Audi-Beemer Middle School. Truth be told, it should simply be "Too Small Before It Opens" - in keeping with every other school project built in the district.

Looking at the rendering, the first thing that jumps out at me is, why are the buses having to travel through the entire parking area - along with every other mini-van-driving-soccer-mom dropping off/picking up their bubble-wrapped prince/princess? Why not have a dedicated drop off/pick up area out of the parking area to improve traffic flow?

Hey, wait a minute, I’m offended, what happened to Mercedes?

Anyways, how about naming it “The AllRace School”? Something generic from a marketing perspective like “The Ideal School”.

I remember a police officer who came to OKM to talk about drinking and driving. In response to his question “who has a car?”, I was the only one to not raise my hand.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Queen K wrote:CF - I'm sure kids are calling it Cystic Fibrosis right now.

You’re right. Given some thought maybe something a little worse too. Cystic Fibrosis Multiple Sclerosis.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Central Okanagan”