Help design downtown Kelowna. Weird...

PDT
Fledgling

Re: Help design downtown Kelowna. Weird...

Post by PDT »

gardengirl wrote:Gee...carry on that "style" downtown that removed more parking and put in light standards that look like some sort of industrial accident? Nice.

The City hasn't wanted street parking downtown for a very long time now. It fits in with their agenda to force people to use the Impark-controlled lots, including the city-owned parkades.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Poindexter wrote:With the number of homeless downtown I'd recommend futons instead of benches.

Indeed.

Heated, stain resistant futons.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

deedub wrote:is there a point to this ?

Not if you're planning on crying when they change something and claiming they never asked your opinion.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

lightspeed wrote:
Poindexter wrote:With the number of homeless downtown I'd recommend futons instead of benches.

Indeed.

Heated, stain resistant futons.

Automatic washed outdoor biffys like they have in London.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

PDT wrote:The city only just recently redid the Bernard Avenue section of downtown. It makes sense to me to just carry on with that style. I guess someone at City Hall must have way too much time (and budget money) on their hands for this sort of thing. Or, perhaps, this is just their way of trying to make the citizens feel like they can be "involved".

Or a way for them to have a job.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

On a serious note the City staff & councilors are trying to stir up the same amount of interest in the downtown core that we showed recently for our Rutland residential community. It is NOT going to happen. We care about the family oriented communities that we live in, not so much the pet projects of millionaire developers, politicians, and business people who squander our tax dollars downtown. Just my opinion.
holdin

Post by holdin »

"The City hasn't wanted street parking downtown for a very long time now. It fits in
with their agenda to force people to use the Impark-controlled lots, including the city-owned parkades'

Yea and now the jackasses at City Hall want to change the parking in the north City Hall parking lot to 1 hour parking only, which makes zero sense. The lot is very convenient for older people and handicapped, as wells others, to attend the theatre, the Memorial rink, the new outdoor rink,the Yacht club and dinner as well as other areas.
These really smells as why in God's name would they make it so much harder to park unless there is something we are not being told--it will cost more to have someone enforce this proposed 1 hour parking! -- you would think they would try and have more parking and do everything in their power to accommodate people-they want more people downtown and yet they want to take away valuable parking--there has to be a hidden agenda here, it has been kept very quiet--- this just doesn't make sense!

Return to “Central Okanagan”