Sexsmith Rd and Reid's Corner daily Clusterduck

motokelowna1
Übergod

Re: Sexsmith Rd and Reid's Corner daily Clusterduck

Post by motokelowna1 »

That section needs an overpass but the Hwys dept is so stupid they dont know how to...
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

motokelowna1 wrote:That section needs an overpass but the Hwys dept is so stupid they dont know how to...

I believe it is in the long term plans, but those are a couple decades out. The existing work is with keeping possible future improvements in mind.

Here’s some of my favourite reading material:
https://engage.gov.bc.ca/app/uploads/si ... 7-rweb.pdf
See page 16.

Outside of this construction, I can’t say I’ve ever seen sexsmith backed up past the Tim Horton’s entrance. I’ve only gone this way though about 50 times. Maybe people who drive it with more regularity are hitting it at different times than I have.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Omnitheo wrote:Outside of this construction, I can’t say I’ve ever seen sexsmith backed up past the Tim Horton’s entrance. I’ve only gone this way though about 50 times. Maybe people who drive it with more regularity are hitting it at different times than I have.

i see it backed up to the train tracks all the time.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

that tim hortons needs to move out of the mohawk building and become a stand alone store that is better prepared to serve the number of customers that they draw in.they are one of the main causes of the clusterfxxk on sexsmith.the drive thru line up is out on the road and people are trying to get in and out in all directions before work,at lunch time and after work hours.people try to cross from timmies to addams rd during the busiest times of day and vice versa.cars coming off the highway turning lane get less than 100ft down sexsmith and have to stop because a car is trying to get in to timmies with no chance in hell .it limits the amount of cars that can get through a turning light.it made sense to put a timmies there 15 years ago but now it is only adding to the congestion.i would like to see it stay at reids corner but to be in a better location
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

motokelowna1 wrote:That section needs an overpass but the Hwys dept is so stupid they dont know how to...

Overpasses to nowhere on Indian Band lands take precedence don't you know? :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Old Techie wrote:

Overpasses to nowhere on Indian Band lands take precedence don't you know? :biggrin:

Lol - they prescribe to the "if you build it, they will come" philosophy of overpass construction. It's same as their philosophy on strip malls.
John Crawford
Fledgling

Post by John Crawford »

So I'm at the lights at Edwards road, the flagger on three separate occasions gave three vehicles the go ahead from three separate directions, what a cluster fuffing, he was putting people in some dangerous positions, and it was only by good luck and good drivers (Yes we do have some) that we did not have multiple accidents, don't know who the flagging company is but they need go.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

anyone in charge of this cluster f :swear: should be fired , and for the love of god hire flaggers that understand there job,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Add to the equation the fact that of late they keep moving the lanes around (that part is understandable due to the construction) but mark them so poorly it's next to impossible to know what to follow at times.

At least buy some black paint and erase the white dashes you aren't currently using for goodness sake.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I for one I'm doing everything I can not added to the traffic problem, by not using that area during peak times.
This begs the question how many are coming or going to work and how many don't really need to be there, adding to the problem.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Aren't the flaggers supposed to be there to help ?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207902

From my experience this is typical behavior.

Likely it's high time that each government certified (yes, it's hard to believe but each has been "fully trained" and tested to make sure they can stand on the roadway, text and smoke at the same time) be required to exhibit some type of name tag, or certificate number so when one of these "delightful" (generally) "ladies" (I use the term very liberally) do something contrary to their responsibilities and contrary to the safe movement of traffic can be reported.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:anyone in charge of this cluster f :swear: should be fired , and for the love of god hire flaggers that understand there job,

like i said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

my5cents wrote:Aren't the flaggers supposed to be there to help ?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207902

From my experience this is typical behavior.

Likely it's high time that each government certified (yes, it's hard to believe but each has been "fully trained" and tested to make sure they can stand on the roadway, text and smoke at the same time) be required to exhibit some type of name tag, or certificate number so when one of these "delightful" (generally) "ladies" (I use the term very liberally) do something contrary to their responsibilities and contrary to the safe movement of traffic can be reported.

I remember a time these ladies we're quite nice looking, maybe it's a union seniority thing. :200:
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

I still think they should have 3 laned it all the way to the airport. Now you are going to have people merging at Edwards....

Return to “Central Okanagan”