Sexsmith Rd and Reid's Corner daily Clusterduck

jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Sexsmith Rd and Reid's Corner daily Clusterduck

Post by jimmy4321 »

my5cents wrote:Aren't the flaggers supposed to be there to help ?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207902

From my experience this is typical behavior.

Likely it's high time that each government certified (yes, it's hard to believe but each has been "fully trained" and tested to make sure they can stand on the roadway, text and smoke at the same time) be required to exhibit some type of name tag, or certificate number so when one of these "delightful" (generally) "ladies" (I use the term very liberally) do something contrary to their responsibilities and contrary to the safe movement of traffic can be reported.

This province is the worse i've seen when it comes to flagging .
It's gonna take a some MAJOR accident before someone takes notice and standards are upped or existing ones enforced
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Snarf wrote:I still think they should have 3 laned it all the way to the airport. Now you are going to have people merging at Edwards....

That would have been ideal, however I wonder if costs/time of replacing/upgrading the old CN rail overpass right before the UBCO access had anything to do with the decision.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Snarf wrote:I still think they should have 3 laned it all the way to the airport. Now you are going to have people merging at Edwards....

WalterWhite wrote:That would have been ideal, however I wonder if costs/time of replacing/upgrading the old CN rail overpass right before the UBCO access had anything to do with the decision.

Plus the overpass to UBCO would also need to be replaced, since it's most likely to narrow for 5 lanes.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

in a year from now...it will be all in the past and our lives are going as normal and our short term memory will be gone.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

The same company is doing work on Valley Road and I noticed this morning that the flaggers turned the traffic signs upside down and left them all in the bike lane. Bikes watch out. Oh boy, not much thought on that scenario. Go figure
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Drove through the area last night in the rain for the first time in 2 months........Sexsmith to the highway. WHAT A GOD :cuss: MESS THIS IS! Flaggers have this attitude that they are brain surgeons now. I guess who ever is in charge of hiring them thinks "the larger they are, the more visible they will be" and having an arrogant attitude is a plus. "Butch" has replaced ability and common sense.
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

my5cents wrote:
From my experience this is typical behavior.

Lately when I've wanted to visit Vernon, I just bypass the whole intersection altogether and either take Glenmore and merge to Hwy 97 in Winfield or Old Vernon Road and merge to Hwy 97 from the airport. Either route (especially during rush hour) is a lesson in futility until they complete this. And I'd wager it's quicker although I haven't timed it myself.
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup :laugh: :laugh: , the people of this road city planning should of been fired a loooooooong time ago
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Symbonite wrote:in a year from now...it will be all in the past and our lives are going as normal and our short term memory will be gone.

Indeed.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

it took me 30 mins to cross from addams thru edwards to the highway northbound on friday after work.it is no less than 500 yards.there must have been 100 cars trying to get in to edwards from addams in both directions and cars lined up lougheed as far as i could see.it would have taken much longer if some nice guy didnt wave me in to cut in front of him at the edwards and addams intersection.when everyone gets off work at the same time the entire area is a giant mess
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

everybodies complaining about that intersection moaning and crying about how bad it is for years and years then when they try to fix it everyone cries and moans about it I'm not sure how the crybabies expect changes to happen without any work taking place
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

I understand change, and I have no issue with having to summon forth a bit more patience as construction continues, but what I do have a huge problem with is brain dead flaggers, extremely poor temporary lane marking, to where I've seen them leave the temporary white dashes form one day and added the set for the next phase without removing the first which now directed you into safety cones.

Have also noted incorrect merge signs, and flaggers holding their hand stop signs in ways that confused drivers as they weren't sure if they were to continue on "slow" or "stop".
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they could get that corner done in a week if they had real men doing the work, but o no lets give useless people the job, from what i have seen it looks like they get about 2 hrs a day of work done at best
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Last spring (March or April) Kelowna Traffic Services (not RCMP to me) set up laser (in the rain) catching southbound cars in the construction zone (no, I did not get a ticket). The next day I took video from Sexsmith to McCurdy........1 (one) 60 kph sign on the right side of the road almost at Scandia and of course Kelowna Traffic Services set up laser north of the ONLY speed restricting sign in that direction. Took video northbound from McCurdy to Sexsmith and there were 3 (three) pairs (left and right hand sides of road. Called the RCMP about this and they could care less if proper signage was in place. Asked RCMP who I might call that would address this serious "safety" concern. The name I was given was Kyle Jones, Superintendent of Construction on Highway 97. Called the number I was given (250-762-9999) and left a message with the girl that answered that I had a serious concern about signage and if Mr. Jones could call me back............at least 6 months has gone by and I am still waiting. I even went further north of Edwards at the start of the construction zone and not a single sign at that location southbound to restrict speed. Safety my A$$........bumbling fools no shortage of!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

lesliepaul wrote:Last spring (March or April) Kelowna Traffic Services (not RCMP to me) set up laser (in the rain) catching southbound cars in the construction zone (no, I did not get a ticket). The next day I took video from Sexsmith to McCurdy........1 (one) 60 kph sign on the right side of the road almost at Scandia and of course Kelowna Traffic Services set up laser north of the ONLY speed restricting sign in that direction. Took video northbound from McCurdy to Sexsmith and there were 3 (three) pairs (left and right hand sides of road. Called the RCMP about this and they could care less if proper signage was in place. Asked RCMP who I might call that would address this serious "safety" concern. The name I was given was Kyle Jones, Superintendent of Construction on Highway 97. Called the number I was given (250-762-9999) and left a message with the girl that answered that I had a serious concern about signage and if Mr. Jones could call me back............at least 6 months has gone by and I am still waiting. I even went further north of Edwards at the start of the construction zone and not a single sign at that location southbound to restrict speed. Safety my A$$........bumbling fools no shortage of!

construction zone. Its 30 Km/h unless posted otherwise. So in-fact, they could have handed out tickets to anyone going over 30 Km/h until they hit that 60 sign.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “Central Okanagan”