Brodie found guilty

bjsilent
Board Meister

Re: Brodie found guilty

Post by bjsilent »

Hopefully one of the other inmates kill him in prison.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

bjsilent wrote:Hopefully one of the other inmates kill him in prison.

If not , he now has plenty of time to turn himself around ....

Yeah ..... that'll do it....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

He'll find God and get paroled in 2 years
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gixxer wrote:He'll find God and get paroled in 2 years

Unfortunately knowing our justice system that could happen...... poor criminal & to hell with the victim (180 degrees wrong).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Gixxer wrote:He'll find God and get paroled in 2 years

I would rather he met Satan.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I believe Mr. Brodie has been in custody since the time he was charged...early 2014? So he's already served three-plus of those nine years. I don't have the best grasp on how all of this works, but I believe he'll have served 2/3 of his sentence in another three years (a little less actually), and will be granted statutory release at that time. His earliest parole eligibility will be sometime before that, but I don't think he'll have enough time to make much of an impression on those who decide these things.

He made nice with the judge at his sentencing, and may have even meant it at the time.But it's hard to imagine Mr. Brodie having the smarts and social skills to stay out of the violent, infantile nonsense that goes on in a correctional facility. It can be done, just not by him.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
nich

Post by nich »

Brodie has been serving time for a separate robbery charge for the majority of his pretrial time for this flight from police charge. He was granted 90 days of presentence credit.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

JayByrd wrote:I believe Mr. Brodie has been in custody since the time he was charged...early 2014? So he's already served three-plus of those nine years. I don't have the best grasp on how all of this works, but I believe he'll have served 2/3 of his sentence in another three years (a little less actually), and will be granted statutory release at that time. His earliest parole eligibility will be sometime before that, but I don't think he'll have enough time to make much of an impression on those who decide these things.

He made nice with the judge at his sentencing, and may have even meant it at the time.But it's hard to imagine Mr. Brodie having the smarts and social skills to stay out of the violent, infantile nonsense that goes on in a correctional facility. It can be done, just not by him.

Incorrect.

He’s mostly been in jail on another matter. This sentence was only knocked down by about 90 days. He still has eight years and nine months left to serve on it.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Everyone deserves a chance to turn their life around. That said, this tells me all I need to know about this particular POS:
Brodie has 43 convictions in the past 18 years, many from violent offences, and he was on probation during the 2013 chase.

He is the poster boy for a habitual criminal. His actions cost a man, just out trying eke out a meager living delivering newspapers, the ability for quality of life for the rest of his life. 9 years sentence is better than what the defense was asking for - but I personally want to see some form of punishment fit the crime - Brodie deserves to incur some form of suffering for the rest of his natural born life. Conniving, unrepentant career criminal with a penchant for violence. I sincerely hope he pisses off the wrong people in his new living arrangement and ends up on the business end of a prison shank. Good riddance.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Lets see . Brodie admited to ratting on friend . Now in jail . Should be interesting days ahead for mr gangster [icon_lol2.gif]
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I stand corrected. Prior to being updated, the article wasn't clear on what he'd been in custody for. Thank you nich and KL3.

And I agree with you, WalterWhite. Everyone deserves a chance to turn his or her life around. Mr. Brodie has had many chances, and failed to make good on them (if he even tried). He has another chance now. What will become of him now, is mostly up to him.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

There does not seem to be a perfect way to deal with this sort of scumbag, but at least he will be off the street for a while. That's a good thing.
Black Dogs Matter
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

JayByrd wrote:I stand corrected. Prior to being updated, the article wasn't clear on what he'd been in custody for. Thank you nich and KL3.

And I agree with you, WalterWhite. Everyone deserves a chance to turn his or her life around. Mr. Brodie has had many chances, and failed to make good on them (if he even tried). He has another chance now. What will become of him now, is mostly up to him.

Thanks JayByrd, but thought I should clarify in case any part of my statement sounded like I sincerely feel he deserves a chance - I don’t - and he doesn’t. He’s already had more chances than most, and the one key figure being the man he ran over for no other reason than to save his own sorry *bleep*, has had his fate decided by the one person on earth that should never be in a position to decide an other’s fate. Quite frankly I hope his time locked up is nothing but a living hell for him, though I doubt he’ll bat an eye. Just another inconvenience for him until he walks free and continues on his destructive ways with no one but himself of concern. Again, I can only hope he pisses off the wrong person/people over the next few years of incarceration, and that justice in the only form he can really understand gets inflicted upon him - in spades.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I wonder if prison isn't just an opportunity to eat, relax, watch tv and have no responsibilities for guys like this.
I don't think he has much for a moral compass or any responsibility.
I think for guys like him, prison is a vacation.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

screw this guy.i hope his stay as a guest of her majesty is a miserable one

Return to “Central Okanagan”