Mediterranean Market Kelowna

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Mediterranean Market Kelowna

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

The Mediterranean Market in Kelowna really need's a larger location, a larger parking-lot at least, I have been going to the Med Market for many years, one of the many businesses in Kelowna that needs an upgrade.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Mediterranean Market Kelowna

Post by GordonH »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:The Mediterranean Market in Kelowna really need's a larger location, a larger parking-lot at least, I have been going to the Med Market for many years, one of the many businesses in Kelowna that needs an upgrade.

I suspect that large duplex behind Mediterranean Market would come with very large price tag just to be knocked down.
Finding new location would totally depend on the owner wanting to, not the customers.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

From what I know, the guy who owns the med market only owns the business and not the building, the people who own the duplex also own the market building. Also that duplex is a gem!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:From what I know, the guy who owns the med market only owns the business and not the building, the people who own the duplex also own the market building. Also that duplex is a gem!

So if owner of business was to find a location with more parking & similar of better lease/or rent. Again it would be up to him/her to actually make the move.

Med been in location for as long as I've been here. I remember having my vehicle repaired at the former Petro-Canada on the corner of Harvey & Gordon. The manager/owner Eric got me a sub from that market, have been going back ever since.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Green-light
Fledgling

Post by Green-light »

The Med has always been a busy, cramped, creaky floored and oddly arranged "hole in the wall" for deli treats and beyond the box shelved goods.
It's standing-room-only herd-you-like cattle innards over-packed with tins and jars of salted, pickled, packed in fat or wine-brined goodness is half if not more of the appeal.

It's straight out of a 70's afternoon tele-setting complete with antiquated registers and golden glittered grocery counters.

Not many places left that you can expect to grab a heavy hitter spicy sub with a cold soda you need a church key from the glove box to open.
Not many places you can still buy grab-it-with-your-grubby-fingers sausages so dry and hard you could club a baby seal with 'em, but they taste so goooood ESPECIALLY several K's into the bush with a heavy pack on your back. Grab some extra dry cheese and some lead-belly buns and your good to go!

If they change the location, or expand to grow, it would be a certain end to the joint.
They got it dialed in, and it works better than a swiss watch. Tastes better too.

Change nothing, when things are working well.
grumpies daughter
Board Meister

Post by grumpies daughter »

I LOVE that place!
try to live your whole life west of the rockies
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

great place, i love it just the way it is :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pommiepainter

Post by pommiepainter »

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Use to live one block from the MM and try and get back as much as possible! Long may it continue it's fantastic ways :)
Gisley

Post by Gisley »

It would be great to see a larger store but I think the ambience of overstocked shelves and elbow to elbow line up's indicative of what an old-fashioned market should be, would be lost. At least in my imagination.

BTW, if you haven't been lately, they have done some reno's this summer and spruced the place up! Check it out.

Now I have to go and get some garlic stuffed olives!
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Med Market freezer lobster ravioli is to die for :)
One can always reason with reason.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Andy S wrote:Med Market freezer lobster ravioli is to die for :)

I usually go there for the subs, but this sounds like something that would be good.

Return to “Central Okanagan”