Dozens of Hell's Angels Ride Into Town

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Dozens of Hell's Angels Ride Into Town

Post by Treblehook »

Saw dozens of Hell's Angel riding in to Kelowna this afternoon... what a lucky place Kelowna is to have these guys who just love their motorcycles visit.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Dozens of Hell's Angels Ride Into Town

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Maybe they are here for the DGR ride tommorrow ..
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I hope people don't swipe all loud bike riders with the same brush they have developed prejudging a certain group... or is that too much to ask :spitcoffee:
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Nope, old Harley driving guys with bikes so loud they drown out the jets flying overhead are just as annoying. Except you probably don't sell drugs, run prostitution rings or kill people.
If you could maybe not gun your bike at 5:30 in the morning when you go to work and wake up the entire neighborhood that would be great:)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly......................
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Maybe they are here for the DGR ride tommorrow ..

https://www.gentlemansride.com/home?lightbox=/register# the last thing these guys are are gentlmen, they should be band from events like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Ang ... _incidents case closed
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

jasond_71 wrote:Nope, old Harley driving guys with bikes so loud they drown out the jets flying overhead are just as annoying. Except you probably don't sell drugs, run prostitution rings or kill people.
If you could maybe not gun your bike at 5:30 in the morning when you go to work and wake up the entire neighborhood that would be great:)

You live among people. Suck it up. At least they're working. You're not entitled to a say on how they get there.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Maybe they are here for the DGR ride tommorrow ..

https://www.gentlemansride.com/home?lightbox=/register# the last thing these guys are are gentlmen, they should be banned from events like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Ang ... _incidents case closed
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

People riding motorcycles.

Oh the horror!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Anyone who is not aware that HA is involved with illegal activities, must be one of biggest damn fools around.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Jlives. There is a noise bylaw. I could care less how you get to work. By your logic it would be ok for me to smash down your fence and drive over your lawn on my way to work because you don't have the right to tell me how to get to work?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

jasond_71 wrote:Jlives. There is a noise bylaw. I could care less how you get to work. By your logic it would be ok for me to smash down your fence and drive over your lawn on my way to work because you don't have the right to tell me how to get to work?

Right. My comment on modes of transportation means it's a free for all. OK then.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#207400
Over 130 riders braved the rain on Sunday morning to take part in the Salvation Army Motorcycle Toy Run in Kelowna.

Dolls, puppets, construction sets, sports equipment and many other toys were donated Sunday in the parking at McCurdy corner.

Riders followed Santa Claus’s motorcycle sleigh all the way to Lake Country and back for a total hour-long ride.

"This is a big event for the Salvation Army Christmas blessing campaign," said Kim Burry, Christmas toy depot coordinator. "Every year we serve hundreds of families that need help at Christmas. Last year, we registered over 500 families and gave away over 1,100 toys, and we expect the need to be even higher this year.”

Event organizer Brendan Buttler said he has two little kids and couldn’t imagine them not having toys to wake up to on Christmas morning.

“This is our 32nd annual ride here in Kelowna and it will be here next year,” he said.

Salvation Army community coordinator Sonia Withers said the turn out this year was amazing.

“This year, it has grown which is really exciting to see,” she said. “This is an opportunity for us to kick off Christmas and start collecting toys for the kids.”

Cash donations are always helpful, added Withers, because it allows for the specific needs of families to be met.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

They all drove past my house this morning. It's an annual event. :D
Tfishwood

Post by Tfishwood »

Were all those HA bikers Saturday here for the SA toys or their own event ? Ton of bikes.

Return to “Central Okanagan”