Vandals strike again

Ktown girl

Vandals strike again

Post by Ktown girl »

I think its time for everyone to be aware of whats going on...in their neighborhood...
Vandals and tire slashers hit the Old Glenmore area on the weekend slashing tires breaking into vechicles slashing the interiors..
Kelowna is getting crazy......we need more police or something roaming some of the areas that are targeted the most...
Thats what our tax dollars are for......Be aware of whats going on in your neighborhood or anywhere.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Re: Vandals strike again

Post by BigBearBruno »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 26th, 2017, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
birdsandbeetles

Re: vandals strike again

Post by birdsandbeetles »

I live in old glenmore too. The petty crime is awful. I've heard from neighbours that the vehicle break-ins have been especially bad lately. I've also seen plenty of abandoned and presumably stolen bikes, sometimes damaged beyond repair. It's such a shame for this neighbourhood because there are so many hard working people and young families here.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: vandals strike again

Post by WalterWhite »

birdsandbeetles wrote:I live in old glenmore too. The petty crime is awful. I've heard from neighbours that the vehicle break-ins have been especially bad lately. I've also seen plenty of abandoned and presumably stolen bikes, sometimes damaged beyond repair. It's such a shame for this neighbourhood because there are so many hard working people and young families here.

Unfortunately the petty crime is not isolated to any certain area - it's city wide - and as pointed out above by @youjustcomplain - it's definitely not all committed by "addicts" (I too wonder how the discussion automatically went from vandals to addicts). These are mostly crimes of opportunity - people walking around checking vehicles for unlocked doors with loose change in the console, or valuables(wallets; iPads; cell phones) left behind. The days of neighborhoods away from the downtown core being safe are long gone, and many people simply don't understand that you cannot leave a bike leaning against your garage, cars unlocked - and worse, with valuables inside. Always surprises me to see how many cars there are around with garage door openers clipped to a sun-visor. Might as well just leave a key to the front door attached to it.

Many people that have the false sense of security that their neighborhood is safe from these sort of antics would be absolutely mortified to see just who is wandering their neighborhoods at 3 and 4 in the morning. Put your crap away and make sure it's locked up - or don't be surprised when you get up in the morning and find it's gone. Nothing worse than walking out to start your day/car only to discover some little dirtbag has violated your personal space. I know I'm far from alone in stating there's been more than one occasion I've laid in bed dreaming of what I'd do to one of these little turds if I was so fortunate to catch one in the act. One thing's for sure - they'd certainly wish I'd called the cops instead.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Ktown girl wrote:I think its time for everyone to be aware of whats going on...in their neighborhood...
Vandals and tire slashers hit the Old Glenmore area on the weekend slashing tires breaking into vechicles slashing the interiors..
Kelowna is getting crazy......we need more police or something roaming some of the areas that are targeted the most...
Thats what our tax dollars are for......Be aware of whats going on in your neighborhood or anywhere.

I live in Glenmore area can you narrow this down some. I have no idea what area is "old Glenmore" thanks.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Ktown girl wrote:I think its time for everyone to be aware of whats going on...in their neighborhood...

cops wont care unless someone has a joint , then the whole force will show up . cameras are a home owners best friend really.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

It's actually hit a few areas Ken. I think Tronson, Old Meadows, and clifton/High are recent ones, but I think it's likely same kids in the general area just in whatever mood.

I've head of slashed tires (had a couple in neighborhood but none in driveways touched), keying, and graffiti in some other areas. It really is annoying and garbage to the people who get hit, I know it used to be summers had kids looking for unlocked cars and then taking the change dish but they seem to be escalating as what I would guess are the same kids getting older and bolder.

As much as people hate hunters, make friends with one in your neighborhood, they may set up a trail cam to get you more information.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Veovis wrote:It's actually hit a few areas Ken. I think Tronson, Old Meadows, and clifton/High are recent ones, but I think it's likely same kids in the general area just in whatever mood.

I've head of slashed tires (had a couple in neighborhood but none in driveways touched), keying, and graffiti in some other areas. It really is annoying and garbage to the people who get hit, I know it used to be summers had kids looking for unlocked cars and then taking the change dish but they seem to be escalating as what I would guess are the same kids getting older and bolder.

As much as people hate hunters, make friends with one in your neighborhood, they may set up a trail cam to get you more information.

Need to treat them like they do in China.
I can always understand a theft, you have something to use or sell. But to destroy property, wow you're the man beat up a car tire!

Thanks..keep my eye out!
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Don't call the cops if you catch these people, waste of time. Kelowna RCMP don't give a rats behind about anything going on in this city.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its not that the cops do not care its the system that does nothing after these kinds of goofs kids get caught, safe bet they have dead beat parents
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote: safe bet they have dead beat parents

If you believe that then you live in a dream world!

Kids with problems are not exclusive to dead beat parents.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree not always , but often enough
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Don't call the cops if you catch these people, waste of time. Kelowna RCMP don't give a rats behind about anything going on in this city.

I can understand your cynicism...but my experience has been quite different. A couple of winters ago, I had an attempted break-in of my vehicle. They screwdrivered the door lock, then took off when the alarm activated. I called the RCMP, and they did attend. The member even called me back a while later, asking if I could give a description of the perp (I never saw him/her) because he'd followed the bike tracks up the street through the snow.

I would encourage anyone who's a victim of a property crime, even a minor one, to let the police know.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”