Boat riddled with bullets

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Boat riddled with bullets

Post by Queen K »

I'm taking it that's a fast boat when it's got a quality motor at full throttle. So someone would really have had to have surprised the operator of the cigarette boat,

OR, the cigarette boat had some kind of evidence of a crime in it and had to be disposed.

Who just shoots up a boat like that otherwise?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Who just shoots up a boat like that otherwise?

Well there is always the possibility of either someone really annoyed over the noise it makes or just an idiot thinking it would be fun.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

I am going to say it's not a cigarette boat. It honestly looks like a cabin cruiser.. if you look at the picture close you can see the cabin and how large the boat is. I took the picture and blew it up you can see the cabin is clearly under water.

Last edited by gsc on Sep 28th, 2017, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Try again.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

It is not a cigarette boat, but a cabin cruiser type boat and appears to have a Mercruiser outdrive. How it got there is anybody's guess, but hard to imagine that the owner isn't aware [at least] that the boat is missing. It could have broken loose from it's mooring during heavy winds; could have been stolen and abandoned and/or purposely sunk where it is now capsized. How it ended up capsized in that bay is the question. Sheltered most of the time, except from a southwesterly wind. Bullet holes in the hull... well who knows on that one. There are a lot of idiots in our midst. The owner should be able to be tracked down with the HIN that has been provided by the OP. All power boats of that size have to be registered and the Hull Ident Number is included in the registration. One would think that the authorities would at least conduct a cursory investigation to identify the owner and determine if any criminal offense occurred in relation to this event. Under normal circumstances, if one's property [boat] goes missing, it is reported to the police?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

With that blown up picture it does appear to be a fishing boat or cabin cruiser. A cigarette boat typically has a stepped hull which this boat doesnt have.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Here is another pic from some one

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No surprise there.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:No surprise there.

Nope - but the conjecture has been fun to watch :)
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

MAPearce wrote:Some dirt bag criminal gripped a boat from someone else and shot the crap out of if after their "joy ride " ???

I don't believe this, if I could see the boat I think I know the owner. They live right across the lake if it is the one I'm thinking of. Likely reported stolen as it did not go as planned to sink it or for insurance.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Frankly, I don't care how it got there, what the intent or mishap was that has befallen the craft - the real issue is that once again no ministry or district has any responsibility nor ability to respond to these sort of situations to deal with fuel/petroleum/chemical or black-water based contamination to the water. This craft will likely run the same fate as many houseboats that limped their way to that general area, only to be left to break up along the shoreline further contaminating our environment. One of these days, the mayors of the valley municipalities need to take action on this as a group representing the interests of all residents of the valley and get some clear and simple means put into effect on who and how this issue can be dealt with in the future, whether it be municipal, provincial, federal or a combination of all the above. It's an absolute disgrace that vessels such as this are free to simply flounder in the waters abandoned by both owner and municipal responsibility to become just another pile of garbage polluting the main source of water that each and every resident of this valley depends on. Shameful.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Was out there yesterday and couldn't find the boat. I went as far as Commando Bay where I talked to a boater who had cruised up from Penticton who said he hadn't seen it either. Hopefully it's already been dealt with.
kingsandman
Übergod

Post by kingsandman »

Can we stop referring to any boat that will do 50mph plus as a "Cigarette Boat"?

''Cigarette" is a brand name of 1 individual manufacturer of Off Shore boats, not an all encompassing term for boats in general.
We don't refer to every car on the road as a "Honda" or a "Ford", nor should we be referring to all boats as "Cigarette Boats". It shows a lack of credibility in the boating community as it represents a lack of knowledge/research.

Rant over...........
Model citizen......zero discipline.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Same thing with personal watercrafts which everyone just calls a jetski.

Either way, just so were on the same page, what is the correct name for a cigarette boat smarty pants?

Return to “Central Okanagan”