Is Sears closing both it's Kelowna Stores?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Is Sears closing both it's Kelowna Stores?

Post by the truth »

safe bet the sears ceo's and upper management will get there millions and the laid off staff will get f :cuss: over and get nothing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:safe bet the sears ceo's and upper management will get there millions and the laid off staff will get f :cuss: over and get nothing

This is the reason I refuse to enter Sears after this news came out.

More then likely same BS deals like Target liquidation.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

There's no good motivation to go there anyway. The headline today that states "Sears Blowout Underwhelms" is an understatement of the highest order. Nothing but average junk and most of that still easily obtained far cheaper elsewhere even with the discounts applied.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

If I want anything from Sears, which I highly doubt that I will. I plan on buying it at pennies on the dollar at a Liquidation store n th newyear.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Sears has had some pretty good sales over the last few years - I've picked up some great clothes there for great prices over the last years.

But, the days of great liquidation sales are just like great Boxing Day sales - a thing of the past.

Zeller's was the cleverest - they jacked up the prices of many of their day to day products and then reduced the inflated price by a small percentage factor, still making the product more expensive then it was before - yet people stuffed their carts with these "bargains".

Sears won't be any different - its all about knowing your prices and spending time looking for a deal - there will be deals, maybe not what you're not looking for but maybe for someone else.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Oct 20th, 2017, 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

/shrug I got $23 jeans today. Good enough imo!
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

Hassel99 wrote:/shrug I got $23 jeans today. Good enough imo!

What brand? Levi's 516 (my favourite) and that's an awesome deal. :)

Otherwise, my "top picks" would be European Liquidation Stock (i.e., $10-15 brand new jeans from last or last 2 years fashions) and Old Navy.

Cheers,
Doug
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

It was Lee
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The Bay has a really good sale on luggage right now - see what Sears has. With WestJet down gauging to more and more Q400 flights out of YLW, need something a bit slimmer - Daddy needs a new rollerboard :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have heard that the SALE sucks. The discounts are on the junk.
Bring back the LIKE button.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

No joke I picked up $40 polo's for $1 at sears
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:No joke I picked up $40 polo's for $1 at sears

Good deal! We're checking it out soon.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A few of our friends have gone and seen nothing special in the way of savings yet.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:A few of our friends have gone and seen nothing special in the way of savings yet.

Truth is, when it comes to sales - if you're looking for something specific - you won't find it on sale - Murphy's Law :biggrin:

But, from my past experiences, as I posted earlier, simply spending real time looking around - you'd be surprised what one can find :up:
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote:A few of our friends have gone and seen nothing special in the way of savings yet.

Dizzy1 wrote:Truth is, when it comes to sales - if you're looking for something specific - you won't find it on sale - Murphy's Law :biggrin:

But, from my past experiences, as I posted earlier, simply spending real time looking around - you'd be surprised what one can find :up:

Truth be known I have much better things to do with my off work time then to go shopping.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”