Transients start fire

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Transients start fire

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#208696 , this is why the city hall of kelowna needs to grow some and clean this gong show up,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Transients start fire

Post by Poindexter »

Lived on Dilworth for years and took the dog walking along Mill Creek daily, so know all about those camps. Usually they're an abandoned pile of garbage by now so seeing them start fires to keep warm this time of year should be a concern that they've arranged a more permanent camp.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

...but, but - the homeless and transients are only downtown on Leon at the KGM. Must have been spontaneous combustion. Maybe moving the KGM out of downtown to the Dilworth/Enterprise area isn’t such a bad idea after all.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-208696-1-.htm#208696 , this is why the city hall of kelowna needs to grow some and clean this gong show up,

Never going to happen - especially with mayor Sugarplum at the helm. Much more productive to have photo ops in his pink shirt at a rainbow-painted crosswalk and playing ring-around-the-rosie in front of city hall to prove the inclusiveness of Kelowna. What a crock.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Unless you put them in jail or kill them, the homeless/transient population will always be somewhere. You don't want them on Leon, okay, they'll camp in the bushes at the base of Dilworth. Run them out of that spot, they'll find another.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I was riding my bike past that area this summer during the heat wave. I could hear someone breaking branches and thought "oh God, some loser is building a campfire in there." Wonder if the police or bylaw make regular sweeps through there. Have to say, I'm getting really sick of street people doing whatever they please in our cities.

Return to “Central Okanagan”