Fall Storm

Frisk
Guru

Fall Storm

Post by Frisk »

Be careful if you're planning on taking any mountain passes tomorrow. It doesn't look like we'll experience anything spectacular here in the central okanagan as the storm is forecasted to graze by to the north but the forecasting is fluid and that could change.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc

Potential for very strong wind gusts and intense thunderstorms beginning late Tuesday morning.

An intense fall storm will impact much of British Columbia tonight and Tuesday. The storm's low pressure centre is forecast to move across the central Interior Tuesday morning. As the low passes, very strong westerly wind gusts are expected beginning late Tuesday morning. There is also potential for a squall line to develop with intense thunderstorms. Strong gusty winds, frequent lightning and heavy showers, possibly mixed with flurries, can all be expected with the passage of the squall line.

Snow levels will drop sharply in the afternoon to near 1000 metres. Over Rogers Pass, there is the possibility for heavy flurries and strong winds to reduce visibility to near zero creating challenging driving conditions.

There remains some uncertainty in the precise track and strength of the low. Wind Warnings and/or Severe Thunderstorm Warnings may be issued as the situation unfolds.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Fall Storm

Post by Frisk »

zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

winds on the way? Westbank was nuts all night, my yard is a mess!
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Gusting to nearly 110 km in kamloops.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Small squall line coming from the west.
Attachments
Radar .png
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's nasty out there
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

West Kelowna lost power momentarily. Probably because of this:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#209324
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Hey Frisk, im going to need you to adjust a bit more "easterly" with your forecasting.

I am a card carrying Castanet member ... but yet i feel slightly discriminated against...

Theyre calling for 100-110km/h winds out here in S'toon later this aft - and no one cares!
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

monroe wrote:Hey Frisk, im going to need you to adjust a bit more "easterly" with your forecasting.

I am a card carrying Castanet member ... but yet i feel slightly discriminated against...

Theyre calling for 100-110km/h winds out here in S'toon later this aft - and no one cares!

Check my post in the nice weather thread from yesterday. I'm keeping an eye on the prairies, too.

Seriously though I hope you guys don't have grass fires. It can get nasty this time of year when the wind starts blowing like that, like what happened around Lethbridge in 2011 and 2012.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i love windy days :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Frisk wrote:
Seriously though I hope you guys don't have grass fires. It can get nasty this time of year when the wind starts blowing like that, like what happened around Lethbridge in 2011 and 2012.

Guess I spoke too soon.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3809389/rapidly-spreading-wildfire-sparks-emergency-alert-in-southeastern-alberta/
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

monroe wrote:Hey Frisk, im going to need you to adjust a bit more "easterly" with your forecasting.

Yeah but that area is used to hail the size of peaches, quonsets blowing over to the neighbors, and the odd upside down grain bin. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
asapjun

Post by asapjun »

Wow had one gust that hit 132 KMH at north end of OK lake!!!
Attachments
20171017_121954_resized.jpg
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

asapjun wrote:Wow had one gust that hit 132 KMH at north end of OK lake!!!

that's a cool device where do you get them?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sounds like that one isn't being made anymore.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”