Fall Storm

asapjun

Re: Fall Storm

Post by asapjun »

We have used these for years but as someone says it maybe looks like you can find them anymore... but there are allot of others .. https://www.amazon.com/Tacklife-Anemome ... B01MU5V05B
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Wind meters available in Canada from Amazon.ca - 3 are rated 4.5/5
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... ind+meters
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

We opted for a portable self assembly type sundeck cover for a thousand bucks from Rona instead of a permanent roof. Its now upside down 15 ft off the deck in the back yard. Damn wind.!!! :-X
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
asapjun

Post by asapjun »

Noisy Boater wrote:We opted for a portable self assembly type sundeck cover for a thousand bucks from Rona instead of a permanent roof. Its now upside down 15 ft off the deck in the back yard. Damn wind.!!! :-X

dang damit!!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

That's not fun. On the other hand, I'm enjoying picking up all the neighbour's leaves (sarcasm ha ha).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Poor little Quail ran into the neighbours garage and wouldn't come out.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

It is a metal four post structure about 10x15 ft. Slopes from about 8ft to 6 ft with side curtains and 3 sets of 3 panels that slide into each other to make it open air roof or slide them closed for nasty weather. Havent figured out how to get it from ground level up 20ft over deck railing. It may end up at Knox metal recycle. :-X
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Frisk wrote:
Check my post in the nice weather thread from yesterday. I'm keeping an eye on the prairies, too.

Seriously though I hope you guys don't have grass fires. It can get nasty this time of year when the wind starts blowing like that, like what happened around Lethbridge in 2011 and 2012.

Yeap, we're getting some of the smoke from that plus the smoke from all the farmer's burning off all the "stubble" from their fields. This going on all around the area.
Alot of it is low lying smoke. The smoke looks to me like how id imagine a WW1 gas attack, floating over the hills and settling into the culverts on either side of the hiway.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I got caught in the rain pelleting down between the house and the car. Dang it.

And Monroe, that smoke effect sounds like a cool thing to capture on digital. Got camera clubs out there? A good thing to learn in the dead of Winter?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Noisy Boater wrote:It is a metal four post structure about 10x15 ft. Slopes from about 8ft to 6 ft with side curtains and 3 sets of 3 panels that slide into each other to make it open air roof or slide them closed for nasty weather. Havent figured out how to get it from ground level up 20ft over deck railing. It may end up at Knox metal recycle. :-X

Shame on you. We were looking at that one. There are anchor points on all 4 corners. A few 4" lagbolts would have been a good idea.

We were at the top of Springfield looking down over spring valley. On windy days, If it wasnt anchored down, it either ended up in the pool or over the fence.
We learned PDQ to nail everything down.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Queen K wrote:I got caught in the rain pelleting down between the house and the car. Dang it.

And Monroe, that smoke effect sounds like a cool thing to capture on digital. Got camera clubs out there? A good thing to learn in the dead of Winter?

Hey missy :biggrin:
I will work up the courage and find somwhere to put up the few pics ive taken whilst being out here.

Theres a place called Cranberry Flats here. Very picturesque and tons of birds :)
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

monroe wrote:
Noisy Boater wrote:It is a metal four post structure about 10x15 ft. Slopes from about 8ft to 6 ft with side curtains and 3 sets of 3 panels that slide into each other to make it open air roof or slide them closed for nasty weather. Havent figured out how to get it from ground level up 20ft over deck railing. It may end up at Knox metal recycle. :-X

Shame on you. We were looking at that one. There are anchor points on all 4 corners. A few 4" lagbolts would have been a good idea.

We were at the top of Springfield looking down over spring valley. On windy days, If it wasnt anchored down, it either ended up in the pool or over the fence.
We learned PDQ to nail everything down.

I opted not to lag it to my deck as I didnt want to put holes in my new vinyl decking. Holes in vinyl = leaking which causes deck rot on my new new deck
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

In Coldstream our trampoline took flight and landed in neighbors front yard. Glad it didn't hit a car, house or person:(
Attuma

Post by Attuma »

It was extremely windy in Keremeos yesterday with crazy wind

Return to “Central Okanagan”