Lord of the Board

Re: Castanet radio

Post by gman313 »

Power 104 or nothing for me :)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If that's what they want to do good for them but does nothing for me.

Listening to Radio just does nothing for me anymore.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I haven't listened to local radio since the mid 90s, this will not change that. Good luck though
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Bsuds wrote:If that's what they want to do good for them but does nothing for me.

Listening to Radio just does nothing for me anymore.

I have to agree. I was very surprised at this news when it first came to light, as I personally think mainstream radio is going the way of the daily newspaper. iTunes and the myriad of other digital music, podcasts and satellite radio has all but eliminated the one aspect any radio listener hates, yet stations rely on as their lifeblood - commercial advertising. I have yet to meet anyone that happily listened to the barage on ones auditory senses listening to Tony Peyton peddle the wares for Aaaaaandre's Electronics. Sure it's catchy - it's also a shining example of what drives many away from mainstream radio, and I haven't tuned in for years.

Good luck Castanet.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

GordonH wrote:I haven't listened to local radio since the mid 90s, this will not change that. Good luck though

Yes, ditto....! And it's pretty easy to understand why -- the barrage of annoying ads. I have all the music I want on my phone, tablet, and PC -- all three can transmit wirelessly to ear buds. And we get most of our news the same way -- on-line. I used to listen to a lot of talk radio, but again, you get a few minutes of talk -- then several minutes of repetitive ads. The US PBS is a nice exception -- still listen to that occasionally...
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i listen to local radio because its local . and there will always be a need for emergency broadcasts
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

maryjane48 wrote:i listen to local radio because its local . and there will always be a need for emergency broadcasts

They are thinking of emergency texts to replace those.

Other than in your car who even has a radio anymore?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

maryjane48 wrote:congrats to castanet on getting radio going. love the oldies music :130:

Great ... ANOTHER "oldies " station .... Who needs to hear that crap again ?

Power 104 is the closest one that ISN'T one .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Bsuds wrote:Other than in your car who even has a radio anymore?

I do.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I listen to newscasts on my ipad radio. Also download podcasts like Quirks-quarks, Stuff You Should Know, CBC interviews of authors and other stuff that appeals to me. Commercial free.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I haven't listened to local radio since the mid 90s, this will not change that. Good luck though

OldIslander wrote:Yes, ditto....! And it's pretty easy to understand why -- the barrage of annoying ads. I have all the music I want on my phone, tablet, and PC -- all three can transmit wirelessly to ear buds. And we get most of our news the same way -- on-line. I used to listen to a lot of talk radio, but again, you get a few minutes of talk -- then several minutes of repetitive ads. The US PBS is a nice exception -- still listen to that occasionally...

Between the thousands of songs on my computer and online commercial free music or Shaws Stingray choices. Why do I want to listen to commercial radio
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

MAPearce wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:congrats to castanet on getting radio going. love the oldies music :130:

Great ... ANOTHER "oldies " station .... Who needs to hear that crap again ?

Power 104 is the closest one that ISN'T one .

Hello Kelowna. It's not 1984. Move on....shape up.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

most of kelowna is old rightwingers . why would they not like oldies music. it can remind them of when canada thought of itself a white as wonder bread. the good old days when old stock canadians were terrorising the first nations folks :130:
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i turn my radio on at work so i dont go mad. im not really listening to it but it drowns out thew other guys radio with sun fm on it all day. i would rather listen to the air compressor than sun fm.

Return to “Central Okanagan”