Castanet radio

techrtr
Übergod

Re: Castanet radio

Post by techrtr »

deedub wrote:It's called " Stone in the shoe " advertising . You hate it , but you sure know it's there !

Might be like a stone in the shoe, but I will never buy anything from Andre's and I stopped listening to 96.3 because I was so sick of listening to Tony Peyton.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Welcome to the CRTC's Amazing Radio Race Canada.

Remember the rules:

You are but one strand in a seamless web of state-regulated mediocrity, so don't try to be imaginative or innovative just to please the public. Stick to the path you have been licensed to follow.

Do not fail to redirect precious financial resources into the pockets of artists so devoid of talent that even their own mothers don't listen to their stuff.

You agree that every second or third song played will be performed by Burton Cummings, Nick Gilder, Joni Mitchell, Anne Murray, Gordon Lightfoot, et al. and that these must be played in their *entirety* NO CHEATING.

You shall endeavor to serve small, special interest audience segments, even at the expense of alienating your mainstream audience; further, you acknowledge that the importance of having a staff balanced by gender, ethnicity and race is worth the inconvenience of perhaps having to settle for lackluster talent.

Now, get out there and have fun, lose lots of cash, and we'll see you at the finish-line, where you will sell your license to the next contestant.

PS. Remember to pay your taxes, because without massive public handouts, CBC can't compete against you for audience share.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I have noticed that Castanet radio plays the same songs over and over again. Surely with all the great music that's been recorded over the past 40 years they wouldn't have to play that annoying Glass Tiger song every day. If Scotland is so great, why did that guy move to Canada?
OhMyDarlin
Fledgling

Post by OhMyDarlin »

The problem with the oldies format in Canada is that they are required to play the same percentage of Canadian Content as other stations. Music by Canadian artists didn’t really take off until the 70’s, so the playlist of Canadian songs from the 60s and 70s is limited, and dominated by a handful of artists. That’s why you hear the same damn sons over and over again,

Return to “Central Okanagan”