Castanet radio

Re: Castanet radio

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:09 pm

Nope, speakers on the site are not muted, and neither are my laptops speakers muted. Went in my car, and can hear it in the car, just not on laptop. Have wifi and that is all working fine. Getting emails and such, just no sound on the Okanagan Oldies. Boooo Hoooo!!! Even tried cancelling it and starting it again. No luck.
Heartfelt sympathies to all affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, Texas and to the families and friends. And to the officer who lost his life in Abbotsford, you were a true hero, too.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 582 posts

Postby ferri » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:11 pm

Have you tried other sites to see if you can hear them okay?
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 7819 posts

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:22 pm

Just tried YouTube and lots of sound there. Like I said, I listened to OK Oldies yesterday with no problem. ??? Even checked out, on YouTube and the promo for Ok Oldies. Not sure what else I can do, but will research a little more and see if I can figure something out.
Heartfelt sympathies to all affected by the tragedy in Las Vegas, Texas and to the families and friends. And to the officer who lost his life in Abbotsford, you were a true hero, too.

ferri likes this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby ferri » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:23 pm

This is very strange. I don't have a clue! :135:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

damama55 likes this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 7819 posts

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:25 pm

LOL Neither do I, but will let you know if I can fix it. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

ferri likes this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby RupertBear » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:39 pm

Do you have anything like a pop-up blocker on your computer? Sometimes the audio players are mistaken for pop-up ads and blocked by some apps. Just a thought.

2 people like this post.
RupertBear
Fledgling

Liked in: 213 posts

Postby Troy » Nov 3rd, 2017, 2:40 pm

I've tried this on numerous devices and browsers, and it's working just fine for me. All I do is click on the Okanagan Oldies player link in our header, just to the left of the current weather conditions, and I can hear the music right away.

The pop-up player should look something like this:
okoldiesplayer.jpeg
okoldiesplayer.jpeg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 197 times

The volume control is in the middle, just below the "Okanagan Oldies 103.9" text. You can make it louder by dragging that circle to the right. You can mute the audio by clicking on the little speaker icon.

Hopefully that helps.
Troy

ferri likes this post.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Liked in: 218 posts

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:03 pm

Thanks, Troy. I have done all that you said, as I went to the logo on the page and have done it several times,---still no luck.
Still trying to figure it out, too. As I say, I can get the station on my radio in my car. What is funny, is I can mute the speakers and turn them back on, and---nothing. Have tried trouble shooting, have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and still nothing. Wonder if it may have something to do with Shaw here in Lake Country?? Don't know, as I do have wifi and access to other sites with sound. Very, very frustrating.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby just popping in » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:08 pm

I don't have the sound on my computer either.
The pop-up player is still at "Archie's Sugar Sugar" as opposed to Dream Lover

But I do have a very reliable radio, in snowy Rutland.
just popping in
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 305 posts

Postby Troy » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:10 pm

damama55 wrote:Thanks, Troy. I have done all that you said, as I went to the logo on the page and have done it several times,---still no luck.
Still trying to figure it out, too. As I say, I can get the station on my radio in my car. What is funny, is I can mute the speakers and turn them back on, and---nothing. Have tried trouble shooting, have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE and still nothing. Wonder if it may have something to do with Shaw here in Lake Country?? Don't know, as I do have wifi and access to other sites with sound. Very, very frustrating.

Are you seeing the player show up like the image I included in my last post?
Troy

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:24 pm

Yes, Dear, exactly as you have shown, except the speaker icon is on, not muted. Have tried everything I can think of, even Googled info and done troubleshooting and no luck. Think I will give it a break and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the answer will come to me in a flash. Takes a while for new thoughts to come into old heads. LOL (Sorry, couldn't resist a little humor in all of this.) :130:

ferri likes this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Troy » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:35 pm

Try clicking on that speaker icon to make it look exactly how it is in that image to see if that works.

2 people like this post.
Troy

Postby damama55 » Nov 3rd, 2017, 3:45 pm

:biggrin: :130: :biggrin: :200: YEAHHHHHHH! ! YOU ARE JUST TOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL !!! LOL LOL Scared the heck out of me when I did it so it looked exactly as shown!! LOL LOL Thank you, :130: . Now I have the Okanagan Oldies again. Stopped for a second, uh, oh. Did it again but back again. So might just be something in the air?? Anyway, looks good and I am happy.
Thanks, ferri, Troy and others who tried to help. I do love Castanet. :admin:

4 people like this post.
damama55
Generalissimo Postalot

Postby Nooby » Nov 3rd, 2017, 4:10 pm

To me, you have that speaker icon 'backwards' - shouldn't it be showing with the line through it when you have the sound muted, not the other way around?

ferri likes this post.
Nooby
Fledgling

Liked in: 55 posts

Postby Troy » Nov 3rd, 2017, 4:17 pm

damama55 wrote::biggrin: :130: :biggrin: :200: YEAHHHHHHH! ! YOU ARE JUST TOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOL !!! LOL LOL Scared the heck out of me when I did it so it looked exactly as shown!! LOL LOL Thank you, :130: . Now I have the Okanagan Oldies again. Stopped for a second, uh, oh. Did it again but back again. So might just be something in the air?? Anyway, looks good and I am happy.
Thanks, ferri, Troy and others who tried to help. I do love Castanet. :admin:

I'm so glad you got it working. :biggrin: Have a great weekend!

2 people like this post.
Troy

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan