HA associate deported

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: HA associate deported

Post by the truth »

poor him :cry: :cry: :cry: how about all his victims , being a drug dealer and all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Old Techie wrote: it's more a case of his parents being negligent.

I agree...they should have used birth control.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Fancy wrote:US is having problems with other countries refusing their deported citizens which is why I mentioned it.

Interesting perspective:
http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/the- ... hipped-out

That story touches on much of what I have mixed feelings about.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

the truth wrote:poor him :cry: :cry: :cry: how about all his victims , being a drug dealer and all

*removed*

No one is defending drug dealers here, rather simply pointing out there are other issues involved,*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 19th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Finally Justice , enjoy your new surroundings and spend the rest of your life in brexit land if they let you in.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's a kind of catch 22 situation. Here you have someone who through possibly no fault of his own is not a citizen and he cannot get citizenship because he has a criminal conviction.

What do you propose we do for him? Allow him to become a Canadian and continue with his criminal ways or send him back to his original country? Do we have a third option?

We need to do what is best for the majority of Canadians and that is to somehow stop him.
Ktbenjamin

Post by Ktbenjamin »

Not a single one of you know this man.
He has dealt with the consequences and suffered because of the poor choices he made when he was younger.

*We all make mistakes thinking we are doing the right thing at the time. I know I have...

I grew up with Daves daughter as my best friend.
I even remember the first day I met Dave. "Is that your dad? .. he looks mean and scary!" ... but little did I know that day I would look up to him as a father for the rest of my life and forever have the nick name Midgit haha. Despite what you guys think of him he's an amazing dad and grandfather. His children are some of the most calm and down to earth people I've ever met. I walked into this family blind of what a big close family is. I remember one family dinner that im so greatful for being a part of, Everyone was helping and useful, not a single one of us was not helping each other out and I was never used to that. I treasured that moment as I looked around hoping that one day I would have a family of my own like that when I was older.

You guys don't see what's behind closed doors. A loving family, Unconditional love, Friends and family who help one another. The fact that now a part of this family is being taken away because of things that have happened years ago (and sentenced) is DISGUSTING.

We are letting killers and rapists go and you send away a family man who made bad choices and cleaned up his life already.

I'm scared of our justice system if this what is going to continue to happen.

* raised around this family now being 21 years old, I have zero offences of any kind, highly against drugs and yea pot is drug, I dislike clubs and bars. NO teenpregnancy. Education and a modest hard working job in northern Alberta.

A COUPLE BAD CHOICES DOESN'T MAKE YOU A BAD ROLE MODEL.
BRING DAVE BACK TO US

Im very overwhelmed, sorry for any typos.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Bsuds wrote:It's a kind of catch 22 situation. Here you have someone who through possibly no fault of his own is not a citizen and he cannot get citizenship because he has a criminal conviction.

What do you propose we do for him? Allow him to become a Canadian and continue with his criminal ways or send him back to his original country? Do we have a third option?

We need to do what is best for the majority of Canadians and that is to somehow stop him.

There used to be, but Bill C-84 took care of that in 1976.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Overall, I tend to agree with @Old Techie as well. However, the judge outlined the difference in taking into account his ongoing criminality, which I agree is the difference:

As a long-term permanent resident, the deportation order may appear harsh, and perhaps slightly disproportionate, if as he claims, he is at a low risk to reoffend and does not present any risk to public safety and given that he has called Canada home since childhood,” Justice Kane wrote in her decision. “However, this does not rise to the level of being grossly disproportionate or cruel and unusual.”

Lol - just like American Express - “being a member has its advantages”.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

WalterWhite wrote:There used to be, but Bill C-84 took care of that in 1976.

Well the bleeding hearts don't even want to return to sender let alone that option.

We could just parachute them into Alert.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

jimmy4321 wrote:How is NOT being a citizen "one of ours"? Lol

As in he's raised a family here, worked here, owned property here, paid taxes here. There are probably more permanent residents or landed immigrants, who never actually became citizens, here than many of us realize.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

WalterWhite wrote:Overall, I tend to agree with @Old Techie as well. However, the judge outlined the difference in taking into account his ongoing criminality, which I agree is the difference:

I agree too. It's not like he's being run out of the country for a DUI or something. His ties to organized crime are the tipping point here for me...it's rare we get a chance to take one of those out of the game completely.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

paid taxes :laugh: :laugh: with what his blood drug dealer money, you people kill me
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Oh cry me a river. I say put this Juice Monkey on the next British Airways flight to England asap! :up:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

nothing less :smt045

Return to “Central Okanagan”