Cutting weeds by the road side

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Cutting weeds by the road side

Post by lightspeed »

alanjh595 wrote:
If that would shut the whiners of the roadside greenery growth.....sure. Round-up is a systemic herbicide and becomes inert at ground level. It is ingested through the plant system and kills the roots, but becomes inert on the ground. Good stuff, works great, tree huggers hate it. It's better than mowing and Parquate.

I can never buy enough Roundup. I hate that stupid lecture from a 15 year old at each point of sale.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ good luck with your roundup, quick fixes usually come back to bite someone in the as :cuss: at later date.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Get yer roundup in the states. Its the top quality foliage killer unlike the weak stuff u buy here. I guess it was done to satisfy the tree hugging rastafarian hairdoo tie dye t shirt wool sock wearing birkenstock sandals types.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I can tell you, Kelowna was MUCH cleaner 10 years ago along many of the roadways. Weed control was evident and looked after............Roundup even in the weaker concentrations available works great. Don't waste your money on the "environmentally friendly" crap at Home Depot............might as well spray water on your weeds.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

You can get a version that mixes with water. It seems be more effective than the regular spray bottle.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

lightspeed wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:
If that would shut the whiners of the roadside greenery growth.....sure. Round-up is a systemic herbicide and becomes inert at ground level. It is ingested through the plant system and kills the roots, but becomes inert on the ground. Good stuff, works great, tree huggers hate it. It's better than mowing and Parquate.

I can never buy enough Roundup. I hate that stupid lecture from a 15 year old at each point of sale.

Yeah me too. I AM a licensed and certified dispenser of pesticides and herbicides. i hate it when they do that. i only need a little bit for my application and have to go to the hardware store for a squirt bottle of 3% solution.. I could go and buy a 5 gal. jug of 30% , but NNNOOOO.......that's too much and too far away.
i just want to take that bottle and squirt him/her in the face with the stuff and see if they felt any effects 3 days later. My coffee in the morning is much more dangerous that what they sell at the hardware stores.
Just a heads up...read the label and the contents. Especially when buying BUG sprays.........you might be better off buying "BORAX" and some sugar to kill ants and other crawly critters.
Don't believe me, check it out for yourself.
Bring back the LIKE button.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

My coffee is better.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

alanjh595 wrote:Alberta has very strict "Noxious Weed" laws. It's all about protecting the crops.

Check British Columbia's Noxious weeds, you may be surprised what you see or do not.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dogspoiler wrote:maybe we could hire the homeless to do some weed cutting.

and that's the truth, you want your free welfare check , cutting the weeds picking up roadside garbage, and or shovel some snow in the winter were needed, a few hours a month or no cheque why not :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

WFN has a couple dozen pickup trucks and about 100 men that keep all the ditches on the rez wacked
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't know what the OP is talking about. I was just down on the coast. I saw no less than 3 different trimmers cutting the grass on the sides of the road, including 1 in the Okanagan.

Let's look at current webcams...

Look, no weeds at all here!

webcam2.png

Look, nice and short here...

webcam1.png

And here...

webcam3.png

You're welcome!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the truth wrote:
and that's the truth, you want your free welfare check , cutting the weeds picking up roadside garbage, and or shovel some snow in the winter were needed, a few hours a month or no cheque why not :up:

You're pretty soft, how about 4-5 hours per day, give them weekends off. Many are healthy when sober or not high.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

soft, your right i must be becoming a left winger wack job lol [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”