Used needle found in playground

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Used needle found in playground

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#209730, thank you junkies for trying to kill are kids :swear:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Re: Used needle found in playground

Post by BigBearBruno »

I just posted about this in the OD thread. City needs to crack down on this issue instead of coddling these losers with hugs and kisses. Junkies do not care one bit about anyone else's needs but their own. And yet they expect handouts and help. And GET IT. Tears, sympathy, hugs and kisses from the advocates that they're all "good people" going through a "bad time" ... Needs to stop.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Last month I policed the park near my house I found plenty of wrappers in the bushes but not a single used needle ... couple of unused syringes still in their wrappers ... and an emptied naloxone kit ... but better than previous years ...
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

BigBearBruno wrote:I just posted about this in the OD thread. City needs to crack down on this issue instead of coddling these losers with hugs and kisses. Junkies do not care one bit about anyone else's needs but their own. And yet they expect handouts and help. And GET IT. Tears, sympathy, hugs and kisses from the advocates that they're all "good people" going through a "bad time" ... Needs to stop.

Couldn't agree more. Walking along the water front and city park this summer there were many times when I felt "uncomfortable" by being approached by these junkies. IMO they are ruining what makes Kelowna beautiful. I don't know the answer but someone in council better figure it out.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

BigBearBruno wrote:I just posted about this in the OD thread. City needs to crack down on this issue instead of coddling these losers with hugs and kisses. Junkies do not care one bit about anyone else's needs but their own. And yet they expect handouts and help. And GET IT. Tears, sympathy, hugs and kisses from the advocates that they're all "good people" going through a "bad time" ... Needs to stop.

I get your sentiment, but what do you think would change? Would people "straighten up and fly right"? Get off drugs and get a job? You're talking about a class of people who know the next hit could very well kill them. But that's not a deterrent. They're living in filth, sleeping in shelters at best, beside a dumpster at worst. But that doesn't deter them from their lifestyle.

There's this notion that someone will "clean up the town" and the homeless and addicted will simply disappear. If there's a solution (and I don't mean fantasies about execution or labour camps) that has worked somewhere, I'd love to hear it.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ drug addicts don't give a damn about anything or anyone except there next fix.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

vegas1500 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Walking along the water front and city park this summer there were many times when I felt "uncomfortable" by being approached by these junkies. IMO they are ruining what makes Kelowna beautiful. I don't know the answer but someone in council better figure it out.

No one, and I mean no one, on council - past, present nor future has the ability to deal with what is a societal issue of global proportions. As JayByrd pointed out, this segment of society isn’t just going to magically go away. The rich continue getting richer and the poor continue to outpace them. Add to the fact that programs offering compassion and support have done little to reduce the numbers, and in fact are in many’s eyes simply contributing to the problem rather than working to eliminate it. Societies have always had their share of the down-trodden. Kelowna has seen substantial growth in the last 15-20 years, and so has this segment of residents. Big cities have big problems, and Kelowna is no different.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

vegas1500 wrote:

Kelowna is now Vancouver on a smaller scale, these type of people go along with the redevelopment of the city like everyone else.
The only answer is don't go to areas where they are if you are uncomfortable.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

fall wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:

Kelowna is now Vancouver on a smaller scale, these type of people go along with the redevelopment of the city like everyone else.
The only answer is don't go to areas where they are if you are uncomfortable.

They wouldn't stop me from going there, but I'm sure they would stop tourists from coming back.....I know, I know, lots of you think that's a good thing.
BigBearBruno
Fledgling

Post by BigBearBruno »

Problem won't ever go away but the city could take preventative measures to clean up parts of Kelowna. Downtown is a dump in parts of it with these creeps seeing fit to poop all over the place. Poop belongs in a proper toilet, not all over the street.
Just called me Triple B.
Bigger, Badder, Better than you!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

BigBearBruno wrote:Problem won't ever go away but the city could take preventative measures to clean up parts of Kelowna. Downtown is a dump in parts of it with these creeps seeing fit to poop all over the place. Poop belongs in a proper toilet, not all over the street.

.Uuuummmm, hate to point it out but, this IS about a Needle in a playground, not about poop, and NOT about downtown. Focus BBB, focus, try and stay on topic.
Bring back the LIKE button.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

if you get caught discarding a needle the punishment needs to be 100 hours of picking up needles .if you fail to do so jail on breech of conditions.the punishment needs to fit the crime
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

voice of reason wrote:if you get caught discarding a needle the punishment needs to be 100 hours of picking up needles .if you fail to do so jail on breech of conditions.the punishment needs to fit the crime

1. I wonder how often people actually witness someone discarding a needle. Usually people look for some privacy when they shoot up. It just seems like a long shot that you'd actually catch many people doing this.

2. Okay, so Tina gets caught dropping a needle and has to do her 100 hours of cleanup. Who will take her around the town to do her work? And if she doesn't show up, which she won't, then a warrant is issued?

This all sounds really just but I don't think it would benefit anyone, or mean less needles being dropped.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You Can't scare or reason with those who have absolutely nothing to lose.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

voice of reason wrote:if you get caught discarding a needle the punishment needs to be 100 hours of picking up needles .if you fail to do so jail on breech of conditions.the punishment needs to fit the crime

And yet you arbitrarily come up with a punishment. Why 100 hours? Why define the penalty for not doing the punishment? Yes, the punishment needs to fit the crime, but who's to say your vision of punishment is the same as everyone elses?

Return to “Central Okanagan”