Boy's dog visciously killed....

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Boy's dog visciously killed....

Post by LTD »

well we should ban the bicycles as well I don't how many times ive almost been clipped by idiots on bikes
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kingsandman wrote:Gave up years ago, nothing happens.
I love people who say “call the police”, or “report it up bylaw” like some magic enforcement officer will just materialize right in front of you. NOTHING HAPPENS!! It takes something like this to get any action.
Until you’ve experienced the amount of out of control, self righteous dog owners on the Greenway, your opinion means nothing.
I’ve had dogs chase me on my bike multiple times and when you do anything to defend yourself, the owners get all butt hurt like your some kind of monster.
I don’t condone it but I see why people get to the point of crossing the line and leaving things like poison dog treats or razor blades in food laying around. It’s wrong but people are tired of it.
When you can’t go for a walk without having someone’s filthy dog jump on you, only to have some idiotic owner say something like “he’s just saying hello”, then we really are at rock bottom.
Ban dogs from the Greenway period. When dog owners fully utilize dog parks to capacity and clean up after themselves, then we can look at opening more space to them.

It's already been mentioned that bylaw officers don't just show up at a moment's notice. What is important is documenting and phoning in complaints - squeaky wheel gets the grease. If everyone's attitude was the same there'd be no need for bylaws or enforcement at all. You sound like you don't think anyone here has run into these self-righteous dog owners before. I have and I don't defend my actions but certainly point out that their actions could get THEM in trouble. I do have an issue with not condoning something but bringing it up - criminal acts as you suggested shows flawed behaviour. People tired of dog issues don't normally try to poison them - that's a sick mind that does that. It's a multi-use trail that needs to be monitored better and it will take the public to clean it up. I would never utilize a dog park and I know a lot of dog owners won't either - I'd rather walk my pooch beside me on leash on an enjoyable hike. I also pick up after other dogs on occasion as required. If everyone worked together, this incident may not have happened. People shouldn't be turning a blind eye to potential problems.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

The best way we have found to avoid off-leash dogs owned by dewshee-mc-dewshersons is to go early in the morning. Those 'types' of people are seldom early risers.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

“The two dogs had no identification and have been impounded, and the owner has 72 hours to claim them,” said Smith. “If unclaimed, the dogs will be humanely euthanized.”
The owner has until this afternoon.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

workingclasshero wrote:why are 1/3 of the dogs at SPCA of the square head breeds or crosses to the bit bull breeds?
SPCA says all dogs are the same.

Because there's a huge number of dogs with square heads out there, a very small number end up in SPCA shelter, just like any other breeds or mutts. What difference does it make if their head is square, round, or pointy?
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

LTD wrote:well we should ban the bicycles as well I don't how many times ive almost been clipped by idiots on bikes

Think you have it backwards.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

better clipped by a bike than killed by a pitbull
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Off topic since there is no pitbull in this story.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Don't start! Stay on topic please!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Over $3,700 has been raised for the family through the GoFundMe which is awesome. Besides vet bills and new glasses for the dad that lost his during the ordeal, surplus will go to a new service dog. Hope it works out for the family.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

Harris Creek Central

Post by Harris Creek Central »

I am glad the owner's have come forward, and have allowed the dogs to be put down. This is where Bylaw or RCMP should be stepping in and lay charges against the owner's for leaving the dogs unattended.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Skipped almost every comment because it exhausting as we all know...but who the F leaves dogs such as these unattended? I have a GSD and she's a pretty damn good dog but I wouldn't leave her anywhere on her own other than secured in my vehicle. Dumb dumb dumb is all I can say.
Sure do love Rutland!!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Someone said "here we go again". Whatever. I have had dogs for the biggest part of my life and because I love them, all of them. I never, never take or took them to dog parks because virtually anyone can take their dogs there. Like the guy in this story.

There is no point in having laws or bylaws that are not enforced. Becaue they are not enforced, walking dog shiiit like the owner of these two dogs will bring their dogs to these places and will ignore the law.

For those of us who choose to follow the rules, beware. The rules do not help you.

Exercise your rights at your peril because knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, sheeite eating specimens such as the star of this story are there waiting for you. and they don't care.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The owner(s), or at least one of them should also be humanely euthanized.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Central Okanagan”