Boy's dog visciously killed....

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Boy's dog viciously killed....

Post by Catsumi »

Well, since you mentioned it, there was one handsome, husky guy out for a stroll that caught my eye. Dogless too !

:biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Boy's dog visciously killed....

Post by Fancy »

Yea, like that made sense. More husky-type dogs killed Canadians then any other type of dog.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

A sense of humour...never leave home without it.

As I said a few posts back, why on earth does anyone want, need, or be so insecure that they keep dogs capable of maiming and killing ?

We are NOT talking about q-tips on a silk thread here.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Catsumi wrote:A sense of humour...never leave home without it.

As I said a few posts back, why on earth does anyone want, need, or be so insecure that they keep dogs capable of maiming and killing ?

We are NOT talking about q-tips on a silk thread here.

You do realize even the smallest of dogs have taken life?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Anyone that walks their dog on the Greenway should carry bear spray. Good for molesters, and dogs, and bears, and others.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

alanjh595 wrote:Anyone that walks their dog on the Greenway should carry bear spray. Good for molesters, and dogs, and bears, and others.
Never bet your life on bear spray.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Anyone that walks their dog on the Greenway should carry bear spray. Good for molesters, and dogs, and bears, and others.
Never bet your life on bear spray.

It is a better chance than nothing at all. AND no I don't. I carry bear spray, bear bangers, flares, and a .357 Magnum. AND most times a hunting rifle. NOT on the greenway however, I have never been there. I do hike the backwoods and am armed. I don't hunt and I don't take any other life unless it is about to take mine.
AND YES, I know a .357 is rather small for a bear, but if it is close enough for me to use it, the bear is going to get 6 in the throat. That is my last resort.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Actually the topic is about a poor boy that lost his little dog.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:Actually the topic is about a poor boy that lost his little dog.

YES, you are right. I am sorry once again for getting off the rails. Please disregard that story and accept my apology.

I am trying really hard to stay on track and I do appreciate other's help. Thanks Fancy.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

As a dog owner, it gives you pause about taking your own dog into public spaces. What was this fool thinking, bringing two clearly undersocialized and aggressive dogs into such an active, populated area?
i own a Pitbull (lovely, sensitive, gentle dog) and he won't come to town with me for the foreseeable future as the anti-bully-breed league will no doubt have the flaming torches and pitchforks out for some time to come...
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

I am seeing several "solutions" suggested in this thread. The reality? Neither the City, nor the Province is going to ban dangerous dogs. For a start, nobody is able to define "dangerous dog". So it ain't going to happen - and no point wasting our breath on what ain't going to happen . So maybe campaign for what "could" have a chance of success? Many of the attacks that I have read about involve an attack by 2 dogs. Perhaps if, at least in the short term, the city were to ban walking 2 dogs at the same time? Dog-walking businesses could apply for exemption based on history and monitoring. Not an ideal solution - but we are looking for a solution that may be acceptable - not one that is perfect. Also, of course, it goes without saying that the city polices and punishes to the full extent, those that ignore leash laws, to the detriment to the rest of us. As I said - not ideal - just looking for something that might work in the immediate future.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

There is no solution other than owners abide by the rules. If one is allowed 3 dogs then one should be able to walk all three. The term "dangerous dog" has been defined in the bylaws.
https://www.regionaldistrict.com/media/ ... no1343.pdf
I'd rather see the current bylaws be followed first before creating any more.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Fancy wrote:There is no solution other than owners abide by the rules. If one is allowed 3 dogs then one should be able to walk all three. The term "dangerous dog" has been defined in the bylaws.
https://www.regionaldistrict.com/media/ ... no1343.pdf
I'd rather see the current bylaws be followed first before creating any more.

The term is well defined on the bylaws.
The problem seems to be that the owners ignore them and the dogs can't read.
luvdogs

Post by luvdogs »

Read the whole thread and it was never mentioned if the little dog was on or off leash? If on leash maybe the little boy was unable to control the dog. Not sure if only one or both of the large dogs were teathered.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

luvdogs wrote:Read the whole thread and it was never mentioned if the little dog was on or off leash? If on leash maybe the little boy was unable to control the dog. Not sure if only one or both of the large dogs were teathered.

From the news report -

"The Mastiff-Presa Canarios “were tied up and unattended, and attacked the small dog, severely injuring it,” said Bruce Smith with the Regional District of Central Okanagan.

Smith said the dogs had gotten loose and attacked the small dog, who was on a leash"

Return to “Central Okanagan”