47957
45647

Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby s yar » Nov 1st, 2017, 6:34 pm

$2,000,000.00 bill from the Provincial government for a flood that was caused by a government agent not opening the flood gates Hmmmm?

the truth likes this post.
s yar
 
Posts: 1
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Nov 7th, 2005, 6:39 am

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby vegas1500 » Nov 1st, 2017, 7:10 pm

s yar wrote:$2,000,000.00 bill from the Provincial government for a flood that was caused by a government agent not opening the flood gates Hmmmm?


Well who do you think is going to pay the bill?
User avatar
vegas1500
Board Meister
 
Posts: 694
Likes: 2103 posts
Liked in: 793 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby LTD » Nov 1st, 2017, 7:28 pm

give it the people living on the lake it didn't cause me any problems [icon_lol2.gif]

4 people like this post.
LTD
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2729
Likes: 1837 posts
Liked in: 1875 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 2:34 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby northglenmore2012 » Nov 2nd, 2017, 7:18 am

I think if the Kelowna taxpayers are going to be responsible for paying this 2,000,000 bill, an itemized accounting should be made public and easily accessible. That is a bill should show exactly where the money was spent and to whom. A complete accounting and why not. You think I have trust issues of all levels of government, you bet.

3 people like this post.
northglenmore2012
 
Posts: 51
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 45 posts
Joined: Nov 4th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby Bsuds » Nov 2nd, 2017, 8:48 am

vegas1500 wrote:Well who do you think is going to pay the bill?


It doesn't really matter which level of Gov't foots the bill it's ultimately us who pays.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 40908
Likes: 7070 posts
Liked in: 8901 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby vegas1500 » Nov 2nd, 2017, 9:35 am

Bsuds wrote:
vegas1500 wrote:Well who do you think is going to pay the bill?


It doesn't really matter which level of Gov't foots the bill it's ultimately us who pays.


Exactly...that was kind of what I was getting at...

Bsuds likes this post.
User avatar
vegas1500
Board Meister
 
Posts: 694
Likes: 2103 posts
Liked in: 793 posts
Joined: Aug 4th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby gsc » Nov 5th, 2017, 10:35 pm

The company I work for was one of the companies doing the sand bag clean up. The money we got paid was not bad at all.
I can be the best neighbor or I can be the neighbor from hell choose wisely.
User avatar
gsc
Fledgling
 
Posts: 333
Likes: 473 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby gsc » Nov 5th, 2017, 11:04 pm

To give you a quick break down of money just through our company. We had 4 trucks and dump trailers and 4 crews of 5.

Each truck billed out at $800 a day for 8 hours
Each crew billed out at $2,400 a day for 8 hours if I remember correctly.

That works out $3,200 a day for trucking and $9,600 for 4 crews.

Grand total is
$12,800 a day.
Company pay to staff roughly $5,760 a day
Company profit $7,040 a day

These are rough numbers but not to fare off as I still have the trucking logs.
I can be the best neighbor or I can be the neighbor from hell choose wisely.
User avatar
gsc
Fledgling
 
Posts: 333
Likes: 473 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby LTD » Nov 6th, 2017, 6:27 am

gsc wrote:To give you a quick break down of money just through our company. We had 4 trucks and dump trailers and 4 crews of 5.

Each truck billed out at $800 a day for 8 hours
Each crew billed out at $2,400 a day for 8 hours if I remember correctly.

That works out $3,200 a day for trucking and $9,600 for 4 crews.

Grand total is
$12,800 a day.
Company pay to staff roughly $5,760 a day
Company profit $7,040 a day

These are rough numbers but not to fare off as I still have the trucking logs.

and out of that so called company "profit" they pay for fuel, maintenance, liability insurance, truck insurance, not to mention trying to save money for future equipment upgrades etc not quite the rosey picture youre painting

2 people like this post.
LTD
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2729
Likes: 1837 posts
Liked in: 1875 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 2:34 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby lightspeed » Nov 6th, 2017, 6:50 am

LTD wrote:
gsc wrote:To give you a quick break down of money just through our company. We had 4 trucks and dump trailers and 4 crews of 5.

Each truck billed out at $800 a day for 8 hours
Each crew billed out at $2,400 a day for 8 hours if I remember correctly.

That works out $3,200 a day for trucking and $9,600 for 4 crews.

Grand total is
$12,800 a day.
Company pay to staff roughly $5,760 a day
Company profit $7,040 a day

These are rough numbers but not to fare off as I still have the trucking logs.

and out of that so called company "profit" they pay for fuel, maintenance, liability insurance, truck insurance, not to mention trying to save money for future equipment upgrades etc not quite the rosey picture youre painting


And also factor in tax, depreciation, capital repayments, etc.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

gsc likes this post.
User avatar
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2257
Likes: 3527 posts
Liked in: 1634 posts
Joined: Jan 13th, 2016, 9:58 am
Location: Vulgaria

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby LTD » Nov 6th, 2017, 7:01 am

yup and I don't think gsc was trying to say the company is making off like a bandit I just wanted to point out that its not really all profit at the end of the day

2 people like this post.
LTD
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2729
Likes: 1837 posts
Liked in: 1875 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 2:34 pm

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby gsc » Nov 6th, 2017, 8:22 am

My intention was not to paint a rosie picture and like we all got rich. I was just posting the numbers.

Also the company only had one "company truck" working the other three where employee trucks mine was one of them.

Also yes there are a lot of other expenses as well like posted and yes the pay was good. I was just simply talking numbers though.
I can be the best neighbor or I can be the neighbor from hell choose wisely.

LTD likes this post.
User avatar
gsc
Fledgling
 
Posts: 333
Likes: 473 posts
Liked in: 227 posts
Joined: Nov 28th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Location: Kelowna B.C.

Re: Our bill for the Flood of 2017

Postby Even Steven » Nov 6th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Govt caused the flood? I think you're confusing gov't and god.

Both start with G though.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2121
Likes: 121 posts
Liked in: 1407 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 6:20 pm


Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests