Snow falling

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Snow falling

Post by lightspeed »

dirtybiker wrote:I wonder what the poor people complain about ??? Hmmmmm....

:D

The price of snow shovels.... [icon_lol2.gif]
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

The public are such disgusting, snivelling, miserable, useless snots.

Do you want your streets plowing? Yes or no?

If yes then you will have a pile of snow at your driveway that you will need to move. Yes, you. Not the mayor. Not your neighbour. Not Lightspeed. You. Nobody else. Buy a shovel or two. Put your back into it. Get some exercise. Maybe shovel your elderly or infirm neighbours drive too. Maybe the guy that works away for three weeks. Yeah, him.

If no then you have no pile of snow but you get snow packed icy streets.

You decide.....your call.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh man, I was looking at fire hydrants down in lower mission, Gordon Dr. some of them can barely be seen, does anyone nearby resident dig them out? No. Is the sugar plum Mayor going to? No. And Lightspeed has made it clear. So will all lower mission people reading this go out there and clear one please?

At least you have them.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

dodgerdodge wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:
Rest assured, this city did not remove any snow, anywhere. Where we live the city feels the street is too wide and that PUSHING the snow to remove 1 lane completely is acceptable. Sent a request in to the city last week to come up with a loader to clean up the worst part of the street but of course...........nothing. With a P.O.S. mayor and equal city council........"nothing" is the operative word unless of course you supported their election.

Ha ha i saw yesterdays story about clearing the streets around Kelowna overnight and to be honest it was about time they cleared out the parking spots. So today i drove down Pandosy and guess what they have "moved" all the snow from the edge of streets where vehicles can park and piled it up in the middle of the road like a huge barrier. Its now impossible to turn left into some businesses!

Oh No!! That is terrible! I may have to park on the right hand side and then actually WALK across the street. I can't believe it!
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

pepecat wrote:
Oh No!! That is terrible! I may have to park on the right hand side and then actually WALK across the street. I can't believe it!

Well no unless you can jump the 5 ft snow barrier you will have to walk round, or drive round. :130:
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Queen K wrote:Oh man, I was looking at fire hydrants down in lower mission, Gordon Dr. some of them can barely be seen, does anyone nearby resident dig them out? No. Is the sugar plum Mayor going to? No. And Lightspeed has made it clear. So will all lower mission people reading this go out there and clear one please?

At least you have them.

Bit like the street up from us. Nobody has cleared in front of the post boxes, there is a smallish gap but why the plow doesn't clear it properly i don't know as he only needs to push the snow a few more feet and there is no driveway to worry about as there is a small park. It also seems that the only part of the footpath that is not regularly cleared is the bit in front of the park which i guess is the City responsibility. Funny how they can remind us all to keep the path in front of our homes clear but they cannot manage the same.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

dodgerdodge wrote:
Bit like the street up from us. Nobody has cleared in front of the post boxes, there is a smallish gap but why the plow doesn't clear it properly i don't know as he only needs to push the snow a few more feet and there is no driveway to worry about as there is a small park. It also seems that the only part of the footpath that is not regularly cleared is the bit in front of the park which i guess is the City responsibility. Funny how they can remind us all to keep the path in front of our homes clear but they cannot manage the same.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

dodgerdodge wrote:
pepecat wrote:

Well no unless you can jump the 5 ft snow barrier you will have to walk round, or drive round. :130:

Great no jaywalkers then. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

How 'bout something like this: we could create seasonal jobs if the City contracted a bunch of those little bobcats to scoot along the sidewalks and also plow out the driveways with what the big guys plow into the driveways. Maybe the City already has a fleet of little 'cats. Those little plows can get into smaller places and make short work of it so they can cover a lot of ground in a day.

I'm all about job creation and this could be a win-win...someone gets a paycheck and someone doesn't get a heart attack cleaning out 3 feet of hard, ice-pack before they can leave for work in the morning!

I think I can hear some dim (and some not so dim) murmurs about who is going to pay for the little 'cats.....we will of course, but that's how a City works isn't it? They collect taxes whether we like it or not (I don't particularly like it), to pay for the work that needs to be done, they hire and pay people (give a job, or create a job) to do the work, the worker goes out and spends his paycheck in the community (economical boost), the businesses get busier so they have to create more jobs and the circle goes on, ever-widening, so everyone benefits when someone gets a job.

Nothing is free so yes, we will have to pay for it one way or the other, but we don't have much choice in those matters anyways. They clip us for taxes and that's not going to change so we might as well at least get some stuff done that we would like to see done. For instance, it's nice to see the little Christmas trees and stuff hanging from the poles around town, but maybe we could trade some of that budget for the little 'cats project for winter seasonal jobs. Things like that. I think we could get better bang for our buck.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Im all for the heart attacks. Gotta get the older generation to retire somehow .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Jflem1983 wrote:Im all for the heart attacks. Gotta get the older generation to retire somehow .

The heart attacks get them dead, not retired (unless of course they are still working when they get dead then retirement is a given!)
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Im all for the heart attacks. Gotta get the older generation to retire somehow .

This comment is as bright as your advice on the Hot Water tank replacement forum :-X
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

+2C and snowing here in N. Glenmore. Strait down and heavy (as in weight, not volume).
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

dle wrote:How 'bout something like this: we could create seasonal jobs if the City contracted a bunch of those little bobcats to scoot along the sidewalks

Lumby already does this. The village plows all the sidewalks so the poor seniors don't get heart attacks and die. Also, lots of people were away for a week or two over Christmas, so the sidewalks wouldn't get done without the village plowing the snow.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I saw flakes coming down just minutes ago, is this the beginning of the next snowpoclypse?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”