Snow falling

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Snow falling

Post by Fancy »

stevemic wrote:Should not blame the city for lack of driving experience. You shouldn't need to depend on the road being clear every time you want to go out . You cant have life handed to you on a platter. I was out there the road were not bad.

I'd have to agree as were the majority on the road in an accident or did it only happen to one?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

What sucks more than snow is having to either get up at or stay up till 2 am to deal with the clocks.
Again.
Twice a year every year.
Wouldn't bother me to see the time change disappear.

Dunno why they do it at 2 am.
If I was in charge I'd do it at 5 pm.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Or what sucks for you is no ones talking about the change on the other thread. I'm loving the snow.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I hate snow and I hate the frozen water it represents.
Water should only have two states.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Liquid and vapour?

We didn't get the rainbarrels emptied on time, guess what are frozen masses of "OMIGOD I hope I don't have to replace those" now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

stevemic wrote:Should not blame the city for lack of driving experience. You shouldn't need to depend on the road being clear every time you want to go out . You cant have life handed to you on a platter. I was out there the road were not bad.

Driving experience is only one part of the equation and goes through the window if the roads are impassable for most cars.

I'm not gonna debate if local maintenance is adequate or not, but as taxpayers, one should expect a reasonable level of snow removal.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Powder snow still lightly coming down in some areas. Roads are slick. Let's hope it warms up tomorrow so we're not on ice.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210836 must be nice to get paid,and not get the job done on time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-210836-101-.htm#210836 must be nice to get paid,and not get the job done on time

At least the lady who didn't want to take her kids out used some common sense.

If you're scared, an incompetent driver or it's an unecessary journey - stay home. Stay off the roads.

As for the guy who went off the road WITH winter tires - they don't guarantee traction. How do we know you were a) a competent driver and/or b) not going too fast in icy conditions? Too many unknowns. But it does kind of sound like that "winter tires will keep me safe" mentality.
Last edited by lightspeed on Nov 5th, 2017, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-210836-101-.htm#210836 must be nice to get paid,and not get the job done on time

I'm wondering if it's more like peeps with a sense of entitlement thinking their priority 2 and 3 roads are priority 1.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Sure nice to have a priority 3 street bordering a priority 1 road.
It continually gets used as a turn around route for all the spread 'em
and plow units. :D

:130:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my problem is we pay for this service,and get *bleep* poor service
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

More important to keep main transportation corridors passable so goods can make it to the shelves
than Joe Schmo's 8% grade street to the mansion on the hill.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

what happened to putting sand down before intersections some are absolutely terrible I have no complaints when it comes to the actual plowing they have a lot of roads to cover but do they not carry sand anymore.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

seems to me hwy 97 intersections from abbott street all the way past costco hwy33 are icey almost all the time , sure sometimes i see sand, but hardly ever---why---

Return to “Central Okanagan”