Snow falling

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Snow falling

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote:The walk to work today was rough .....

It took me 30 extra seconds.

Do you usually drive to save that extra 30 seconds?
Bring back the LIKE button.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

featfan wrote:Lots of emergency vehicles on the bridge.
Looks like 1 lane going south right now.

A donkey hit the median. Of all the places to break down or crash....the bridge is not a place to be incompetent.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Has the annual festival of serial snow plowing complainers commenced yet?

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

lightspeed wrote:Has the annual festival of serial snow plowing complainers commenced yet?

Unlike some on here...........I am pretty sure our taxes should provide much better snow removal than what happened last year in many parts of Kelowna. If you feel its adequate, I guess you have never left Kelowna and believe mother nature will get rid of it............eventually.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

lesliepaul wrote:
lightspeed wrote:Has the annual festival of serial snow plowing complainers commenced yet?

Unlike some on here...........I am pretty sure our taxes should provide much better snow removal than what happened last year in many parts of Kelowna. If you feel its adequate, I guess you have never left Kelowna and believe mother nature will get rid of it............eventually.

I believe in being prepared, having the correct winter tires, and being a competent driver.

Anyone who is not happy with Kelowna snow removal is welcome to a) pay 6 times their current property tax or b) move back to whatever craphole they moved from.

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lightspeed wrote:I believe in being prepared, having the correct winter tires, and being a competent driver.

This is the key to having a safe winter driving experience, I would add always drive according road conditions... not necessarily the posted speed limit (i.e. under that limit)

There are those who truly believe having AWD or 4WD makes them invincible, my answer to that is nope.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

alanjh595 wrote:
MAPearce wrote:The walk to work today was rough .....

It took me 30 extra seconds.

Do you usually drive to save that extra 30 seconds?

NO .... But I do change my "tires" on the boots to suit the weather ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

lightspeed wrote:A donkey hit the median. Of all the places to break down or crash....the bridge is not a place to be incompetent.

The bridge was slippery at 2.30 in the afternoon as we came over we watched a truck brake as all vehicles in front seemed to slow up and he struggled to keep it from sliding into the other lane. At this point it became obvious that there would be an accident sooner than later and then we saw the news story. Probably a lane switcher trying to get ahead of the slower traffic and now wishing he or she hadn't
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Anyone who is not happy with Kelowna snow removal is welcome to a) pay 6 times their current property tax or b) move back to whatever craphole they moved from.
[/quote]

OOOOOOOOH...........I knew I would hit a soft spot with someone who has never ventured away from home! So if I pay in the area of $25,000 in property taxes they may actually clear the snow away in the areas that become really unsafe when an above average snowfall occurs?

I used to have a pretty good idea what my property taxes got YEARS ago...........today its called "less for more". Somebody is profiting with our money and we the taxpayers are getting less.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

All I can say this morning is thank God there is no new snow.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

lesliepaul wrote:OOOOOOOOH...........I knew I would hit a soft spot with someone who has never ventured away from home! So if I pay in the area of $25,000 in property taxes they may actually clear the snow away in the areas that become really unsafe when an above average snowfall occurs?

Ha! Don't get above yourself. I'm more travelled than you'll ever be. I just think that the Interior is easily navigable if you adjust to it and adapt instead of whining and snivelling that your little cul de sac or city street wasn't hand scraped of every last flake of snow by a herd of minimum wage City staff who are at your personal beck and call 24/7.

ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

This is not the Bickering forum. Go there if you want to fight. Thanks. :-X
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

ferri wrote:This is not the Bickering forum. Go there if you want to fight. Thanks. :-X

Just put everything in the Bickering room and you can retire. :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Another road maintenance fail, this occurred on the Valley Rd N and Scenic truck route (also a school bus route). I went through it this morning at 8:15 and it was a sheet of ice then. This happened in the afternoon(shortly after the incident the sand truck showed up)
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#210806
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Should not blame the city for lack of driving experience. You shouldn't need to depend on the road being clear every time you want to go out . You cant have life handed to you on a platter. I was out there the road were not bad.
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree

Return to “Central Okanagan”